Back/Forward mouse buttons do not work.

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

sann1

Back/Forward mouse buttons do not work.

Post by *sann1 »

In all TC versions 6.*- 8.* I can't navigate with mouse backward/forward buttons through the history of folders i visited (like I would do in the Internet browser).
I bet it should be implemented, so I tried to find a solution, but it seems nobody has this problem, or nobody uses this way to navigate.
Tried this on WinXP and Win7, with two different logitech mice.
silencer

Post by *silencer »

On my installations, winxp and win7 with multiple mouses (now a logitech mx518) this has always worked fine.. But I almost never install logitech software with it, maybe this is interfering?
sann1

Post by *sann1 »

At home I have WinXp+corded M500 (via USB), no logitech soft at all.
At work - Win7, wireless Performance MX (via unifying receiver) with Logitech Setpoint running.
Both systems do not support back/forw buttons in TC.
Is there a way to change mouse button bindings in the TC, like assigning commands for the shortcuts?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Are you using Total Commander with higher user rights (as Administrator)? To my knowledge, the Logitech software isn't able to send the forward/backward commands to elevated programs.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
silencer

Post by *silencer »

It works also with TC started as admin on win7 x64 here..

Also quickly tested my other mouse (logitech MX310), this also work ok.
polle452

Post by *polle452 »

Laptop w. Vista 32bit + TC v. 7.56a + USB corded Logitech mouse and Setpoint works.

Win7 64bit + TC v. 8.50B6 + MX5500 and/or MX1000 + latest Setpoint works both in admin and guest accounts.

KB shortcut 'ALT L-Arrow' and 'ALT R-Arrow' works in above config.
Aside from the default configuration in Setpoint for the 2 buttons - they can be manually configured to the keystrokes in question (or other).
sann1

Post by *sann1 »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Are you using Total Commander with higher user rights (as Administrator)? To my knowledge, the Logitech software isn't able to send the forward/backward commands to elevated programs.
OK, that seems working. I used to start TC with admin rights by default. However, when I changed it to the regular mode, all buttons begun to work. Thanks everybody for help!

P.S. Although now I can't do much with system files and folders, even can not save settings into wincmd.ini as TC is forbidden to write into the Program Files folder( Well, I guess this is a fair trade-off.
sann1

Post by *sann1 »

OK, one more update - problem is completely solved when SetPoint also starts with Admin rights. Then all buttons work, and TC gets admin privileges.
Once again, thanks everybody! Especially thanks to ghisler for the advise to play around with admin rights, I would not be able to figure it out by myself. And yeah, thanks for the great software as well, have been using TC for almost 15 years since it was WC)!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes, programs running with admin rights can send messages to programs with the same or lower rights. But programs with lower rights cannot send Windows messages to programs running with higher rights.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Impeeza

after 4 years still helpfull

Post by *Impeeza »

I just installed a new computer and get crazy looking why after install iOcentre the buttons doesn't work, the only problem is the versin 1.3.13 of iOcentre makes the focus lost on the app after you use the forward or back mouse buttons :P :shock:
Impeeza jaja