moderation please!

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Vansumsen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Vansumsen »

2Norfie

The others and I are free to have a different opinion than yours.

I'm not a moderator, but I guess - and I suppose I'm not the one - that your intervention in that topic is perhaps "polite", but rather indecent and even incongruous.

Who is your next victim ?

I will be glad to read your technical advices always, when they will not be studded with acidic insidious remarks against other users.
Ouistiti, #11943

L'important n'est pas de convaincre, mais de donner à réfléchir.
The important thing is not to convince, but to incite to think.

Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Panos,
What about you Hacker? You have the experience, knowledge and ethos; do you also have the time and willingness?
On one hand, I read every thread of these forums, except the French ones. On the other hand, I never felt I had the moral authority / right to tell anyone what is right or wrong.

But if people think I would be suitable for that job, I will accept it and do it to the best of my abilities.

Anyways, I started a poll at http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=4816 .

Roman
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

Last edited by norfie on 2004-09-11, 12:53 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

pdavit wrote:I still haven't seen a feasible suggestion. You practically answer to this forum usually only on Mondays (excluding pre and post beta version release dates).
I have read all posts and replied to them regularly at least twice a week during the last few months, usually on Monday/Tuesday and Thursday/Friday. I have also visited the forum between these 'reply days' without logging in, so the threads remained as 'new' for replying. However, you are right that I haven't intervened too much, because I believe in free speech.

2Sheepdog
"Vollquotetrottel" is indeed above the limit, sorry, I must have missed it. I must have read it as "Vollquottel", which is a typical (but also not very friendly) word for people on usenet who quote a huge posting and then write a single sentence as a reply below it (or even above, called TOFU in German).
And it seems to me as if the F word is the trigger in this case.
Yes, the "F" word was the trigger which made "the barrel overflow" for me as we say in German.

2Hacker
Thanks for volunteering!

2All
Please participate in his poll. If anyone else would like to volunteer as a moderator, please let me know here in this thread, so I can add you to the poll.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

norfie wrote:2pdavit I see, we have another different opinion.
I'm sorry but this a provocation enough. Who is Clo, that he think, he can dictate the issue of this thread? Because he is a normal user like me, his attempt of dictation is ridiculous, absurd, funny. His behaviour shows immoderate overestimation of his own position. That's all what I said.

2Vansumsen
Do you have any reasons, that you think you have to tell me this? This a problem of Clo: Clos intention of Clos "modest opinion" was to suppress a technical discussion, which Clo is bored and Clo isn't interested in. He wanted to dictate me, that I don't express my proposal. [irony]Yes, this behaviour is really modest.[/irony] Or what?
Dont' feed the trolls

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

ghisler(Author) wrote:
2Sheepdog
"Vollquotetrottel" is indeed above the limit, sorry, I must have missed it. I must have read it as "Vollquottel", which is a typical (but also not very friendly) word for people on usenet who quote a huge posting and then write a single sentence as a reply below it (or even above, called TOFU in German).
Pity. Maybe an official warning at the right time would have prevented the provocation of norfie - and the retire of icfu.

sheepdog
Douglas Adams
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

Last edited by norfie on 2004-09-11, 12:53 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

norfie wrote:
"Vollquotetrottel" is indeed above the limit, sorry, I must have missed it. I must have read it as "Vollquottel"
I'm sorry, that I was not using the correct abbreviation "Vollquottel" and use instead the write out version of the same term. It was my fault.
And it deserves an 'official WARNING'.

sheepdog
Douglas Adams
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

Last edited by norfie on 2004-09-11, 12:52 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

2 norfie

> I see, we have another different opinion.

Quote:
Clo said: "The location of the <imagine.ini> file isn't the main issue currently,

I'm not quoting your argument here plus I will pass on developing a reply because you have selectively decided to exclude the polite bit of Clo's phrase. I can only interpret this in the worst way, sorry!

2 Christian

I'm happy to know that you are here! ;)

I'm just fighting not to exclude norfie from this forum or to bring icfu back but for a better future.
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

Last edited by norfie on 2004-09-11, 12:52 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

norfie wrote:2pdavit
That's funny......
Dont' feed the trolls

sheepdog
Douglas Adams
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Sheepdog wrote:Dont' feed the trolls
You are right! There is no end to this.

I hope Christian has made his conclusions and he will make the right decisions.
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

Last edited by norfie on 2004-09-11, 12:57 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
mastabog

Post by *mastabog »

I've followed the thread and i do not wish to make any comment on what happened or the people involved.

I have a suggestion though which might make the moderators' and/or admin's life a little easier: you could switch to Invision PowerBoard. Its not open source like phpBB but its free to use (I admin 3 forums on IPB, all 3 were former phpBB). It has a lot more admin and moderating features including a warning system, etc. IPB v2.0 just came out and for both 1.3.x and v2.0 there are conversion scripts from phpBB to IPB.

I don't mean to start another quarrel nor am I an IPB addict but it did offer me easier ways and more features for admining and moderating my boards.

Just my 2 cents