new utility: TC Plugins Manager

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

new utility: TC Plugins Manager

Post by *Alextp »

Hello All,

Here is new utility for TC: TC Plugins Manager 1.2,
I already presented it at plugins forum here.
It's external plugins manager for TC, allows to add/remove/disable plugins. I know about PluginManager.wfx, but PlugMan has more functions, and has also the function of "Install TC plugins" program.

Homepage (or Totalcmd.net)
Screenshot

Your comments?

[mod]
Moved thread
Please discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools in the plugin and addon forum only. Thank you!

Greetings Lefteous (Moderator)[/mod]
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

First the good news:

It's a really cool Plugin. I used to use the Plugin-Manager FS-Plugin but it does not work satisfying.
I like it because it installes some plugin the former mentioned Pluginmanager crashed with.

I like you can easy install/deinstall or deactivate plugins.

Now the 'bads':

1. Your prog doesn't support plugins which don't use the *wlx *wfx *wcx extension. There is the Pop3Plugin with 'POP3Plugin.dll'. I think there are a few other plugins with *.dll too.

2. For each action you have to use the mouse. YOu should be able to use key-shortcuts (e.g. 'del' for deinstall or 'ins' for install plugin; [Ctrl]+[a] for select all ; [alt]+[d] for deactivate etc.)

3. One cannot change the size of the Prog-Window. In german some Comand don't fit the buttonsize (e.g. 'Deinstallieren'). With resizing the window one should could fix it.

4. I'd like to be able to deinstall more than one plugin at once: i.e. I select all packer plugins and push 'deaktivate' and all packer plugins are deactivated at once.
Or I click 'install' browse to my 'filesystem Plugin' Directory and select all/some(with holding [Ctrl] key) and install more than one plugin at once.

5. I'd like a Context-menu: Right-click on a plugin allows to deactive, activate, install, deinstall or perhaps set the options (open the config file) of the plugin.

6. Not neccessarily but nice for the design:

Id want to be able to sort the plugins for my custom view: Maybe the rename function could be activated in Lister and packer plugins too? Advantage: If you have a large List of Plugins you would find themexactly there where you expexct them.

7. Doubleclick on a plugin should toggle activation/deactivation.

It would be a lot of work to do: But I think any of these desires are welcome to others too.

Anyway Thanks for the already solved work. Its a great plugin/addon and it's promising.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Clo

Some already saw---

Post by *Clo »

2Sheepdog
:) Hello Stefan !
2. (and 5.) For each action you have to use the mouse. YOu should be able to use key-shortcuts (e.g. 'del' for deinstall or 'ins' for install plugin; [Ctrl]+[a] for select all ; [alt]+[d] for deactivate etc.)
:P I love the mouse ! Please, give a look HERE - The only snag is the "Language" choice…
3. One cannot change the size of the Prog-Window…
- See also in the same topic linked above about "ResizeEnable" waiting for a built-in feature.
… In german some Command don't fit the buttonsize (e.g. 'Deinstallieren'). With resizing the window one should could fix it.
- Sorry, no. That doesn't make the buttons wider; the truncated strings stay truncated (please, test with ResizeEnable). But I'm in favour of the resizable window, of course.
4. I'd like to be able to deinstall more than one plugin at once: i.e. I select all packer plugins and push 'deaktivate' and all packer plugins are deactivated at once.

:D Your "plugins gasworks" still ? Seriously: could be useful, but all users have not more than 50 plugins installed. However, to disable / unload all plugins as one shoot could be nice, i.e. to find the cause of a TC-crash…
It would be a lot of work to do: But I think any of these desires are welcome to others too.
- Don't worry : Alexeï has an exceptional hearing ! A real blessing.

:mrgreen:  V G
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Some already saw---

Post by *Sheepdog »

Clo wrote:] the mouse ! Please, give a look HERE - The only snag is the "Language" choice…

works fine
Clo wrote:
3. One cannot change the size of the Prog-Window…
- See also in the same topic linked above about "ResizeEnable" waiting for a built-in feature.
… In german some Command don't fit the buttonsize (e.g. 'Deinstallieren'). With resizing the window one should could fix it.
- Sorry, no. That doesn't make the buttons wider; the truncated strings stay truncated (please, test with ResizeEnable). But I'm in favour of the resizable window, of course.
I know this tool. And with buttonsize you are probably right.

Clo wrote::D Your "plugins gasworks" still ? Seriously: could be useful, but all users have not more than 50 plugins installed. However, to disable / unload all plugins as one shoot could be nice, i.e. to find the cause of a TC-crash…
Just as much for installing your desired plugins to a fresh TC installation. Or to make some templates for different purposes:
one for usual work with DBlister, ieview, Calendar, one for systemcheck with registry; Events; services; Startup Guard. Three clicks and you have all needed plugins installed and all not needed ones deinstalled. This would be really great.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

Hello,
Sheepdog wrote:It's a really cool Plugin. I used to use the Plugin-Manager FS-Plugin but it does not work satisfying.
Thanks
Now the 'bads':
1. Your prog doesn't support plugins which don't use the *wlx *wfx *wcx extension. There is the Pop3Plugin with 'POP3Plugin.dll'. I think there are a few other plugins with *.dll too.
If it's already installed, PlugMan support it (it doesn't look on extension). For installing new- yes, I will and support.
(BTW, how can you install *.dll using TC?)
2. For each action you have to use the mouse. YOu should be able to use key-shortcuts
Clo said, you can add shortcuts in .lng file. I'll add it to my .lng file too. :)
4. I'd like to be able to deinstall more than one plugin at once: i.e. I select all packer plugins and push 'deaktivate' and all packer plugins are deactivated at once. [skip]
5. I'd like a Context-menu: Right-click on a plugin allows to deactive, activate, install, deinstall or perhaps set the options (open the config file) of the plugin.
Deinstall more than 1 plugin - maybe in the next version...
Context menu - I added it.
Button "Configure plugin" - I also added it.
6. Not neccessarily but nice for the design:
Id want to be able to sort the plugins for my custom view: Maybe the rename function could be activated in Lister and packer plugins too?
Button "Rename" - also, now it works for LS plugins too.
For Packer plugins - it cannot work. Packer plugins are registered in wincmd.ini more than 1 time, so for what extension should I show Rename dialog?..
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Update: version 1.3

Post by *Alextp »

2All:
Should I create new topic for ver.1.3 or not?

I released version 1.3.0: download at homepage.
I used suggestions that were given here by Clo, Djk, Sheepdog, franck and at Wincmd.ru.

Changes:
v1.3.0
- main window: made resizeable, added list icons, list context menu
- you can install/disable/uninstall more than 1 plugin at once; use Ctrl+A to select all
- "Configure" button (F9) - allows to edit plugin .ini file/show plugin configure dialog
- "Rename" button (F6) enabled for LS plugins too

- options: "Use %COMMANDER_PATH% in paths",
"Restart TC after plugin installing"

- fixed: TC runs with ini-file you selected;
LS/FS plugins now cannot be installed second time;
LS/Packer plugins now installed with DetectString/PackerCaps

- .w*x assotiation:
- added 3 icons for 3 filetypes
- if plugin is already installed, PlugMan shows this
[mod]
Thread splitted:
The following discussion about where to put announcements has been splitted to a new offtopic thread

Thank you!
Greetings Lefteous (Moderator)[/mod]