Registry plugin: Missing DLLs?

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

barryk wrote: Apparently, the installer is confused by having the zip file in the same dir.
Which installer do you mean? TC installer? TC itself?

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
barryk

Post by *barryk »

CORRECTION. I retried everything. The directory that worked had the registry_vk.ini file in it. When I copy that file to the directory that didn't work, it started working too.

???
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

barryk wrote:When I copy that file to the directory that didn't work, it started working too.
That also doesn't make sense. Yesterday, I tried various things to provoke any failure in plugin loading, including deleting/renaming registry_vk.ini, German.lng and Registry.lng. Only the latter had an impact on the plugin's functionality. If the .ini is missing the plugin just uses default settings. Same applies to any external language files; if missing the plugin will use default (=English) strings.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
barryk

Post by *barryk »

I'm not sure what else to add. There might be some unusual permissioning going on in this dir. I tried doing the same in the dir that works and indeed it did create the default registry_vk file. I tried this multiple times.

I don't think this is a generic issue. But you might check the code thread to see what happens if creating the default file fails.
Thank you for looking into this.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

barryk wrote:There might be some unusual permissioning going on in this dir. I tried doing the same in the dir that works and indeed it did create the default registry_vk file. I tried this multiple times.
Maybe some anti-virus or anti-malware scanner interfering with this?
But you might check the code thread to see what happens if creating the default file fails.
Since it's not one of my plugins and the source code is not publicly available only the author could do this. However, I doubt that he will if you can't reproduce some issue reliably.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence