Save more than 1 Tab configuration

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

zooitje

Save more than 1 Tab configuration

Post by *zooitje »

[face=arial]For different jobs I want to save different configurations of tabs in the panels. Also I would like to have more than 1 saved panel configuration open at the same time.

Is that possible or in the (near) future?

Thnx,
Zooi[/face]
zooitje

Saving more than 1 configuration of tabs

Post by *zooitje »

[face=arial]
For different jobs I want to save different configurations of tabs in the panels. Also I would like to have more than 1 saved panel configuration open at the same time.

Thnx,
Zooi[/face]
Vochomurka
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Vochomurka »

What exactly terms "configurations of tabs" and "panel configuration" stand for? Do you know about various SAVETABS... and OPENTABS/APPENDTABS commands?
Single user license #329241
PowerPro scripts for Total Commander
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Save more than 1 Tab configuration

Post by *tuska »

zooitje wrote:[face=arial]For different jobs I want to save different configurations of tabs in the panels. Also I would like to have more than 1 saved panel configuration open at the same time.

Thnx,
Zooi[/face]
Hi,
yes that's all already possible - follow the instructions (for more information please see help - F1).

Folder: 'TABs': For example make the folder 'TABs' where your wincmd.ini is located (Help - About Total Commander...)
Info:

Code: Select all

Path to folder) %COMMANDER_PATH%\TABs\
equal to .....) D:\Daten\Programme\TotalCommander\TCD_USB-Stick\TC32-64USB\TABs\  (path on my computer)
explanation ..) <.................. %COMMANDER_PATH% .....................>TABs\
wincmd.ini ...) is located under %COMMANDER_PATH%  (... path to your wincmd.ini)
which means under using the environment variable %COMMANDER_PATH% (only in TC) you can
a) 'shorten your path', e.g. FROM: D:\Daten\Programme\TotalCommander\TCD_USB-Stick\TC32-64USB ... TO: %COMMANDER_PATH%
b) make it independent of the drive, e.g. with portable use of TC
Please see also: http://www.ghisler.ch/wiki/index.php/Navigation => Pseudo environment variables.

Right-click on a tab: See options... [Save tabs on both sides to file, etc.]

Button with command: cd %COMMANDER_PATH%\TABs\ ... (only) to open the folder "TABs" in the active panel of TC
Button with command: SAVETABS2L %COMMANDER_PATH%\TABs\STANDARD.tab ... to store your tabs in left and right panel (left first) to file STANDARD.tab
Button with command: OPENTABS %COMMANDER_PATH%\TABs\STANDARD.tab ..... to open stored tabs => replaces existing tabs immediately!
Button with command: OPENTABS %COMMANDER_PATH%\TABs\Test.tab ......... to open stored tabs => replaces existing tabs immediately!

More infos:
Type in cm_CommandBrowser into the command line of TC, then type in tab in the field for "Filter".

Button to open another separate TC instance:

TOTALCMD#BAR#DATA
%COMMANDER_EXE%
%Z/N %X"%P" "%T"
TOTALCMD.EXE
Open separate TC-instance: |Instance-No. + Version-No. + registered User is displayed in the headline |%COMMANDER_EXE% %Z/N %X"%P" "%T" |https://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=48704

You can use the code to create a button as follows:
1. Mark the green code (simply press and hold the left-hand mouse button and drag over the code, then release the left mouse button)
2. Press the CTRL-key and hold it down, then press the letter "C" (CTRL + C = Copy to clipboard)
3. Make a right click on your buttonbar on an empty space [e.g. after the last button or between the buttons]
4. Click on menu item "Paste"
5. [Optional: Point to the new button (slightly longer): Tooltip is shown (-> description for the button)]

6. Push the new button => separate TC-instance is opened and the instance no., e.g. [2],[3], etc. is displayed in the headline
7. [Optional: Press the ALT-key and hold it down, then press the TAB-key [several times] to switch between the tasks]
JimmyTheBroker

Post by *JimmyTheBroker »

Hi tuska,

Very cool.

Is there a way I can get a user prompt to select the .tab file for TC to open?
Thanks,
Jimmy
I finally get notifications from emails again!!!
So happy!
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

JimmyTheBroker wrote:Is there a way I can get a user prompt to select the .tab file for TC to open?
Hi,
Unfortunately, I am not aware of anything here.

I think, sooner or later the Ultra TC Editors - "Button Bar Editor" might be interesting for you.
With this it is possible, for example, to easily manage sub-button bars.

http://goo.gl/9oJnfc Overview
http://bit.ly/GAN3UM Discuss on TC forum

Regards
Karl
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Is there a way I can get a user prompt to select the .tab file for TC to open?
Right click on a tab, and use "Load tabs from file, keep current" or "Load tabs from file, replace tabs", then a Windows' file browse dialog will open.

You can use these two buttons if you place the cursor on a .tab file in TC's file panel to either append the tab or replace the current tab with the .tab file under the cursor.

TOTALCMD#BAR#DATA
APPENDTABS
%P%O.tab
WCMICONS.DLL ,83
Load folder tabs from file under cursor, keep current

TOTALCMD#BAR#DATA
OPENTABS
%P%O.tab
WCMICONS.DLL ,83
Load folder tabs from file under cursor, replace tabs

Or use the "Tabs" item in my Extended Menu.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

Ahh, yes!
In wincmd.ini under [Configuration] one can make this entry: TabDir=Path\To\TabDir, e.g. TabDir=%COMMANDER_PATH%\TABs
to get the path already suggested in Windows Explorer dialog.
eliio

Post by *eliio »

I found that hitting Enter on .tab file (in TC) appends tabs in it to current tabs, and Shift-Enter replaces tabs.
For what it's worth...
TC 9.21a
TC 9.51 32-bit on Win 10 x64
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

2eliio: Nice one. Really helpful!
#5767 Personal license