TC will not reappear after using my external HDMI connection

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ksorbo

TC will not reappear after using my external HDMI connection

Post by *ksorbo »

This happens every time:

- TC is running
- I plug in an external display via my HDMI
- I display a powerpoint via powerpoint 2016 (I am not sure if it is the powerpoint playing or just plugging in the hdmi cable that causes this problem)
- I attempt to switch back to the TC screen. Even if powerpoint is closed and the HDMI cable is unplugged, I cannot switch back to the TC screen. The icon shows active in the task bar, I can select it, but it will not re-display.

My only solution is to stop TC via the task manager and restart.

I am running the lastest update of Windows 10 home[/list]
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I don't have Powerpoint, so I can't reproduce your problem. I tried without Powerpoint, but I had no problems to switch back to TC after disconnecting an external screen.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

I cannot switch back to the TC screen. The icon shows active in the task bar, I can select it, but it will not re-display.
My only solution is to stop TC via the task manager and restart.
Can you (Shift-)right-click the icon? Can you minimize / maximize TC? Can you close it? Can you press Alt-F4 or Win-Shift-Left while the icon is active?

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
jathri

Re: TC will not reappear after using my external HDMI connection

Post by *jathri »

Have the same issue. Window of some other app is active. I click the TC taskbar icon then. And TC window does not become foremost. What can be done?
This happens even if I use only one screen (external monitor connected via hdmi).
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TC will not reappear after using my external HDMI connection

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Maybe the window is outside the visible screen area? This happens here a lot with Android Studio. To fix it, do the following:
1. Click the TC taskbar icon so it looks active (even if the window is invisible)
2. Press Alt+Space to open the system menu
3. Press the hotkey for "Move". You can look this up in the system menu of any other app. It depends on the current language
4. Press a cursor key (doesn't matter which) to start moving the window
5. Move you mouse to where you want the window - it should follow the mouse!
6. Press+release the left mouse button to drop the window there

Now use Configuration - Save position to save the TC window to a visible location.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com