Instructions for setting up WiFi/LAN plugin?

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Larc

Instructions for setting up WiFi/LAN plugin?

Post by *Larc »

I installed the WiFi/LAN plugin from the Google Play Store. When I start to set it up on my phone (already connected to WiFi via my router), the first thing I see is a blank for entering a URL or I could scan a QR Code. I have absolutely no idea which URL to enter. I tried the one for the PC I want to use and the one for the phone, but neither works. Are there detailed instructions for setting this up? Thanks.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The plugin is meant to transfer files between two Android devices, or from Android to any device or PC with a Web browser.

You need to share some files and/or folders one one side first - this will give you the URL and QR-Code which you can enter (or scan) on the other side.

To share files with Total Commander for Android, select them, then tap on the copy button (second from the left at the bottom) and click on "Via WiFi).

To share files with any other program e.g. Android Photo Gallery, select them, then click on the share button or select "share" or "send" from a context menu. Then choose the WiFi plugin from the list.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Larc

Post by *Larc »

That clarifies it. Thanks very much. :)