EXIF plugin 2.4 - Add some missing fields

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

EvilTwin

EXIF plugin 2.4 - Add some missing fields

Post by *EvilTwin »

Hello!

I'm trying to tame my huge collection of pictures on Dropbox and found that I have a lot of duplicates that the very excellent "Find duplicate files" function in Total Commander does not catch due to changes in the Exif header area of the files (that's the bad thing about putting metadata in the header of a file).

What happened is that my wife would rotate some pictures 90 degrees and Dropbox would then re-upload them, next to the original. Using ExifTool, I found that I can identify these files via script by comparing the standard "Image Width" or "Image Height" fields with the Canon "Original Image Width" or "Original Image Height" fields. However, the latter 2 fields are not part of the Canon fields that the Exif plugin imports, and "Canon Image Size" simply returns "Large"?!

Thus, would it be possible for someone with C skills to add these 2 Canon fields (or all of them) to the Exif plugin? I know the source is available but I don't have any C skills nor the tools to compile the source :/

Many thanks!