OneDrive link folder offline status not correct

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ib

OneDrive link folder offline status not correct

Post by *ib »

In Windows 10 File Explorer, if at least one file is missing in a folder (or any subfolder at any level), the cloud icon is displayed for the folder; otherwise the checkmark icon is displayed.

In Total Commander Version 9.12 32 bit (2017-11-24), a OneDrive folder link always has offline=No (offline status looks correct only for files).

I understand that these are folder links, but could the status of contained files propagate to the status of a OneDrive folder link? If not, could these at least be marked as N/A or similar?

Also, is there a way to do NOT operation on the tc.offline column? E.g. I'd like to display the online/synced status instead of offline/unsynced.

Thanks!
Igor
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

There isn't any function to get the OneDrive cloud status on Windows 10. I managed to get the status through some NTFS link functions, but only for files, not for folders.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
ib

Post by *ib »

Would it be too resource-intensive to get the offline status of all files in all subdirectories, just in order to get the offline status of a folder?
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

ib,
It would...

ghisler(Author),
Maybe you can get icons via shell interfaces?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

They are not icons, they are in a separate column. It seems to be impossible to get, except via IShellView, which is more or less a complete Explorer panel...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com