Multi-rename tool, search for and replace not converting YMD

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

JimmyTheBroker

Multi-rename tool, search for and replace not converting YMD

Post by *JimmyTheBroker »

Using the Multi-Rename Tool, with the exif.wdx64 plugin.
I have .jpg and .mp3 and .png that I am trying to rename all at once.

Originally i used Rename Mask: [C]-[G]-[P]-[=exif.DateOriginal.YMD] [=exif.TimeOriginal.h]h [=exif.TimeOriginal.m]m
but this has resulted in .mp3 and .png files with " h m" in their names.

I thought I could fix the " h m" by using the find and replace within the Multi-rename tool using Search for: " h m" and
Replace with: "[=tc.creationdate.YMD] [=tc.creationtime.h]h [=tc.creationtime.m]m"
or
Replace with: "[YMD] [h]h [m]m"
However, The 'New Name' files for .mp3 and .png all become "[YMD] [h]h [m]m" and have not been converted into numbers that correspond to the year month day, hour "h" and minute "m".

Any idea what I am doing wrong? I think it might be something to do with the settings? Or its something that TC cannot do for search and replace?

Thanks,
Jimmy
8)

I think I stuffed up the Configure Editor...
Edit: I know i stuffed up the Configure Editor... i cannot get the "Edit Names..." which brings up lister.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

[mod]Moved to the English forum.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

Just use a different notation, if you need a prefix like a space or an appendix like a unit.

Code: Select all

Rename Mask: [C]-[G]-[P]-[=exif.DateOriginal.YMD][=" "exif.TimeOriginal.h"h"][=" "exif.TimeOriginal.m"m"]
Prefiy/appendix will be shown only if there is a value too.
This prevents single characters for empty values.
#5767 Personal license
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *gdpr deleted 6 »

Additionally to what sga_wizard said, in case you already accidentally renamed the mp3/png files, you could do the following to fix the incorrect file names:

1. Find all files containing " h m" (Alt+F7), and feed the search result to the listbox (i.e., to the active TC file panel).
2. Select all files in the file panel (i.e., the search result) and inkove the multi-rename tool.
3. Apply "[C]-[G]-[P]-[=tc.creationdate.YMD] [=tc.creationtime.h]h [=tc.creationtime.m]m" to the file name mask.
4. Profit!
JimmyTheBroker

Post by *JimmyTheBroker »

elgonzo wrote:Additionally to what sga_wizard said, in case you already accidentally renamed the mp3/png files, you could do the following to fix the incorrect file names:

1. Find all files containing " h m" (Alt+F7), and feed the search result to the listbox (i.e., to the active TC file panel).
2. Select all files in the file panel (i.e., the search result) and inkove the multi-rename tool.
3. Apply "[C]-[G]-[P]-[=tc.creationdate.YMD] [=tc.creationtime.h]h [=tc.creationtime.m]m" to the file name mask.
4. Profit!
I haz the profit
I finally get notifications from emails again!!!
So happy!