Recursive view mode starting from selected directory

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

JordiJSP

Recursive view mode starting from selected directory

Post by *JordiJSP »

I really don't know if it is already implemented and I don't know how to do that.

Could be nice that when you create a View Mode (colors, icons, ...) for one directory, there were a check option to apply this view to any of its subdirectories.

Regards,
jordi
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

Mmhh...

A "View Mode" or a "Custom Colums view" will be preserved until it is changed to another view

a) manually, e.g. with a self-defined button with command - e.g. cm_SrcViewModeList NameOfYourViewMode,
    cm_SrcCustomViewX (X=No. of your "Customs columns view")
b) automatically, in the case of a view mode, if a combination with an "Auto Switch Mode"-rule exists AND
    "Automatically switch view mode on directory change:" is checked

For example, if you have created an "Auto Switch Mode" with a "View Mode", eg path D:\test and the "View Mode"
should also be applied to subdirectories, then you would have to specify path D:\test\* (see Help) in "Auto Switch Mode".

I would like to suggest that you check your "Auto Switch Modes" first.

View Mode | Auto Switch Mode | Custom columns view
viewtopic.php?p=329888#329888 Overview
viewtopic.php?p=329833#329833 Button for View Mode <default>; Shortcut for a View Mode
JordiJSP

Post by *JordiJSP »

I am sorry Tuska. You were right.

I had not any "Auto Switch Mode" but I had checked the "Automatically switch view mode on directory change". I have removed the check and the "View Mode" is preserved in subdirectories too.

Many thanks and sorry for my mistake.
Jordi