Bug w/ Lister and IEView

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

robinsiebler

Bug w/ Lister and IEView

Post by *robinsiebler »

I've been using IEView for quite sometime without any problems. Today, however, if I load a PDF file, when I close Lister, the pdf file closes and I am left with the Lister window. When I try to close the Lister window again, I get a message saying that it is not responding. I've tried rebooting and uninstalling/reinstalling IEView.
Robin L. Siebler
Personal License #13949
------------------------------
"Bother", said Pooh, as he deleted Windows
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

robinsiebler
Maybe, this version will help?
http://flint-inc.ru/Programs/Temp/ieview.rar
The thing is that the author stopped developing the plugin and made it open-source. So, other developers find out and fixed several problems in it.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

2Flint
Thanks for pointing out this little update. :)
Is there any development going on besides this bugfix? Unfortunately the site is in russian language, not my tounge.

Is Ergo aware of this?

Regards, deus-ex.
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

deus-ex
Hmm.. What site do you mean? wincmd.ru? It has its English variant on totalcmd.net (look at http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/ieview.html )
The thing is that I'm not the author of this update (I've done not so much work on programming it, just very small fixes). The new developer of this plugin (Rk is his nick-name) has big troubles with uploading large files, that's why I compiled the source, he gave me, and put the WLX in temporary folder on my site. We have not decided yet how to behave in future - maybe, I'll put this plugin on my account on wincmd.ru/totalcmd.net and will update it as soon as it is necessary; maybe those troubles will be solved and Rk will put IEView on his newly created account...
Ergo has already asked us to put new IEView on the site, I'm just waiting for reply from Rk...
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Wilhelm M.
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Wilhelm M. »

@flint
(A bit off-topic, but not too much...)
I like another plugin made by the author of ieview: office.wlx. Do you know if anybody else does work on that office plugin? It has only one feature (?) that I dislike, i.e. it opens not only office documents (doc, xls) but rtf files as well, which is not necessary because the TC lister manages this task better.
Grüße/Regards,
Wilhelm
nevidimka

OT: Office files

Post by *nevidimka »

2Wilhelm M.
I dislike, i.e. it opens not only office documents (doc, xls) but rtf files as well
I added in my wincmd.ini a _detect-string

Code: Select all

1=%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\OFFICE.WLX
1_detect="ext="DOC"|ext="WRI""
-> this plugin is used only with extension "DOC" and "WRI".

For excel files IMHO excellence.wlx is excellent ;) and I added this in my wincmd.ini

Code: Select all

0=%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\excellence.wlx
0_detect="ext="XLS"|ext="XLW""
I hope that will help. :D :P
Wilhelm M.
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Wilhelm M. »

:D
I must admit that I've tried that for myself but without success. :oops: Must have made a mistake with the format of the detect string. But a copy and paste of the string in your posting did the job!

Thanks a lot, nevdimka!
Grüße/Regards,
Wilhelm
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Wilhelm M.
Do you know if anybody else does work on that office plugin?
I don't know anything about it.
What about your problem - you can use either methode, suppesed by nevidimka, or instead just add detect string
EXT!="RTF"
for the Office plugin. I did so in my configuration.

Added:
Oops, I'm late :)
Wilhelm M.
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Wilhelm M. »

@flint
Maybe late, but not too late! I've learned something from your posting, too! ext!=... excludes an extension from detection, doesn't it?
Grüße/Regards,
Wilhelm
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Wilhelm M.
Yes, it does. You can download help file for plugin writers, there in description of ListGetDetectString function you can find a complete description of the detect string features.
You can download it here:
https://plugins.ghisler.com/lsplugins/listplughelp1.2.zip

robinsiebler

Post by *robinsiebler »

Flint wrote:robinsiebler
Maybe, this version will help?
http://flint-inc.ru/Programs/Temp/ieview.rar
Unfortunately, it didn't make a difference. I have this plugin on several machines and I'm only having the problem on my main machine. I guess I will try uninstalling Adobe and see a reinstall fixes the problem.
Robin L. Siebler
Personal License #13949
robinsiebler

Post by *robinsiebler »

Maybe this will help someome figure out the problem:

If I close lister by clicking on the X, hitting ESC or selecting Close from the menu, I have the previously described problem. If I try Ctrl+Q or Ctrl+W, I get a message from Adobe stating "This action cannot be performed from within an external window". If I press Alt+F4, Adobe & Lister close just fine. For some reason I think that hitting ESC, etc. are closing Adobe but not Lister.
Robin L. Siebler
Personal License #13949
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

2robinsiebler

Did you try to reinstall adobe? Or Internet Explorer? Maybe one of them causes the problem since IEView, as far I understand it, only cals the view functions of IE.
Have you tried lately to view a PDF-file with IE?

Just some ideas...

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
robinsiebler

Post by *robinsiebler »

Well, I don't know what caused the problem, but it seems to have disappeared. I uninstalled Adobe, downloaded the latest version and installed that and I haven't had the problem yet.
Robin L. Siebler
Personal License #13949
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

Flint wrote:Hmm.. What site do you mean?
Never mind. Trying to find the origin of the file i was redericted to http://infobox.ru. Obviously the wrong place.

BTW.: Can anybody tell what's changed in the update? I feel uncomfortable installing updates without knowledge of the changes,
plus that there's a new developer in charge which i don't know anything about.

Regards, deus-ex.