Bug w/ Lister and IEView

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

deus-ex
In couple of days I will put the latest version on wincmd.ru with description and history. Mainly this version contains fixes of bugs with taking or not taking focus (in Lister window IEView should take focus, so that mouse wheel works; in Ctrl+Q mode it should NOT take focus, so that Quick View panel does not become active in this mode...).
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

Thank you, Flint.

deus-ex
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]IEView development continues - here you can get the last version.

_______transmission_from_readme_eng.txt_________

New history
-----------
1.1 (31.08.2004)
First version new IEView ("Rk" under editing "Konstantin")
(Thank you "Rk" and "Konstantin" for continuation of the work.)
- corrected focus Acrobat Reader (not for all version completely correct).
- not it is necessary to clique mouse for interception of the focus web-files (not always works). (Ctrl+Q - press Tab, F3 - automatically.)
1.2 (3.09.2004)
- Is Corrected mistake of the interception of the focus.
(Mistake is Added. When viewing directory (QuickView mode), cursor disappears from file panel.)
1.3 (9.09.2004)
- Is Corrected error. When viewing directory (QuickView mode), cursor does not disappear from file panel.
1.4 (15.09.2004)
- Is Corrected interception of the focus in Word,Excel.
- Is Corrected loss of the focus in Word Splash.
- Is Added interception of the focus when viewing directory (QuickView mode).
- In ieview.ini is added adjusting the focus: Key FocusByWindowClass, Key UseMiddleWhenFocusByPoint, Section [WindowClasses].
1.5 (18.09.2004)
- Is Corrected loss of the focus when viewing directory and PDF. (The Incorrect interception of the focus Acrobat Reader 6.0 until it is corrected.)
- Now on directory and HTML possible to move by means of Backspace, Z (back), X (onward).
- Is Added determination of the file on type, rather then only on extension (only HTML). (In section [Signatures] ieview.ini is added key %=... He is used if filename does not correspond to the extensions in sections [Extentions]. For instance "index.xml.ru" or "index.php@id=dif&page=8".)
1.6 (19.09.2004)
- Is Corrected focus when change the mode of the showing the file (if press '1 when viewing PDF).
- Is Corrected focus in file, opened on [Signatures] %=... (determination file on type)
- In ieview.ini is added key CaseInsensitiveSignatures and key ListerTitle (Style of IEView WindowText).
1.7 (22.09.2004)
- bug with ListerTitle=1 fixed. (Note.: Works only with html files, since there is no concept 'Title' for arbitrary document.)
- Hotkey added: Ctrl+L.
- Section added [BlockFocus].
1.8 (24.09.2004)
- some more bugfixes connected with focus.
- [Hotkeys] section renamed to [TranslationHotkeys].
- Section added: [IEViewHotkeys].
1.9 (2.10.2004)
- ListerTitle is string with specifiers %TITLE, %DRIVE, %DIR, %NAME, %EXT.
- Focus processing method changed.
- Values in [BlockFocus] section are set as "group=0/1", instead of "ext=count".
- Added CHM files support.

______________end_of_transmission________________[/face]
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Tge new version seems to have some nice changes and additions.
I have one small suggestion:
Please remove the dependency to MSVCR70.dll.

Thank you!
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]Now you can download updated version from official IEView page.[/face]
Ergo

Post by *Ergo »

2Black Dog
Now you can download updated version from official IEView page.
Available also on TOTALCMD.NET

http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/ieview.html
Wincmd.ru WWW.TOTALCMD.NET
I see that future is near...
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 08-10-2004 19:09:53 +0000 Ergo wrote:

E> Available also on TOTALCMD.NET

E> http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/ieview.html

Well, you know, there is a link with description there:

In English: http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/ieview.html

Even Lefteous can manage %).[/face]
Ergo

Post by *Ergo »

2Black Dog
Well, you know, there is a link with description there:
Offtopic. Totalcmd.net was designed so that english speakers could forget using russian site :) So it is more smart to post a link to english version of this page.
Wincmd.ru WWW.TOTALCMD.NET
I see that future is near...
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 08-10-2004 20:41:38 +0000 Ergo wrote:

E> So it is more smart to post a link to english version of this
E> page.

I'm sorry partner, but I guess that it's more than enough that I posted it like I did %).[/face]
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

I'm having the following error while viewing MS Word documents with IEView:

"Exception EAccessViolation in module TOTALCMD.EXE at 00000000.
Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000."

Actually I have per file type viewer associations. For .doc files I'm using QuickViewPlus. I'm also using v1.91 of IEView (problem was there on 1.9 also, cannot remember about earlier versions) so apparently there is a conflict.

Weird thing happened during troubleshooting. When I removed the QuickViewPlus association from TC's configurations Edit/View -> Associations button (with IEView still installed) TC still load it (QuickViewPlus) when Ctrl+Q-ing and then produced the above error message again. I then removed the IEView plug-in. Now, since there was no association active when I was Ctrl+Q-ing a .doc file I was getting the ASCII view as expected. Installing back IEView was forcing again QuickViewPlus while trying to view .doc files causing the above error message again!

Running QuickViewPlus as standalone application didn't produce any errors so the tool is ok. I'm using WinXP Pro SP2. I also checked if there is any core Windows association problem with QuickViewPlus and there wasn't one. Windows is actually associated with MS Word on .doc files and I can only force Windows to use QuickViewPlus via the context menu without also any problems.

I finally check my wincmd.ini file for any traces of QuickViewPlus associations after I removed it from within TC and there wasn't any! The addresses shown on the above error message are not always the same and are dependent on the .doc file I'm viewing.
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
sas2000
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sas2000 »

Same situation here v1.91/1.90 crashes with QuickViewPlus files (SAM-DOC-LWP-XLS) on XpPROSp1.
"Exception EAccessViolation in module TOTALCMD.EXE at 00000000.
Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000."

v1.0 & QuickViewPlus works perfectly on same Pc&Files.

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Address 00000000 means that either Internet Explorer or IEview tried to call a function without loading the function before, e.g. via GetProcAddress() - or GetProcAddress returned NULL because the function doesn't exist.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Address 00000000 means that either Internet Explorer or IEview tried to call a function without loading the function before, e.g. via GetProcAddress() - or GetProcAddress returned NULL because the function doesn't exist.
We didn't directly blame TC! We had some suspicions that the problem was elsewhere! ;) :P :D
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!