Drop several files on a program in the button bar

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Haze

Drop several files on a program in the button bar

Post by *Haze »

In older versions of TC I could mark several image files in TC, drag them to a Photoshop icon in the button bar and all images would open.

This feature doesn't seem to work anymore. Only one image opens. Does anyone know why? Of course I could open Photoshop first and then drop the images in the Photoshop window but then its a two-step process.

Hope some one can help

Regard
Hans
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

You can use a TC tool for this purpose.
Have a look at "lst2multi" or "lst2str" at http://www.ghisler.com/tools.htm#other
#5767 Personal license
White Wind

Post by *White Wind »

And two Feature Reqs:
† if I drag file from archive to button bar it should be unpacked and launched
† TC should launch files in separate thread!!! If I suddenly hit Enter on the ".dpr", I have to wait until Delphi finish launching
cheming

Post by *cheming »

White Wind wrote:And two Feature Reqs:
† if I drag file from archive to button bar it should be unpacked and launched
† TC should launch files in separate thread!!! If I suddenly hit Enter on the ".dpr", I have to wait until Delphi finish launching
Multi-Thread feature is best done in Directory Opus 8. All the operations are sepreated into another thread, so great! I wish this feature would appear in version 6.1 :-)
Haze

Post by *Haze »

Thanks

I had a look at the two utilities but they don't seem to operate like I want to.

If I just want to launch Photoshop with the button bar I have to make sure that no files are selected and also that the dotted rectangle is at the top of the file list and not over a image file. Otherwise it or they will be opened in Photoshop.

Regards

Hans