Mouse selection mode

Only forum where polls are allowed. You may announce a new poll in the matching support forum.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Your mouse selection mode?

Right mouse button (as in NC - default)
58%
Left mouse button (Window standard)
42%

Total votes: 60

leonbloy

Mouse selection mode

Post by *leonbloy »

Do you use the default setting (right button as in NC) or the Windows standard (left button) ?
aiikii

Post by *aiikii »

I have never use NC before, and I prefer right mouse gestures as in Firefox plugin.
Zamolxis

Post by *Zamolxis »

Right button.

It annoyed me a bit in the very beginning, when I was still used to the behavior in Explorer. But then I got used to it, and for the last 5-6 years I'm using the current TC default behavior.

Here are 2 good-to-knows for those still annoyed by it, or by the fact that they cannot use R-click like in Explorer:
- Holding the R-click for 1-2sec will actually open the additional options menu like in Explorer
- If having to hold the R-click or the R-click selection is still annoying you, it can be changed from Options-Operation
(I'm sure 99% of the forum members already know about these, so don't jump on me :p, but may be useful for new users of TC browsing for answers).

The R-click selection is particularly useful for those who like to use the single-click to open files/folders option. Otherwise L-click is pretty useless sometimes. I always felt L-click+Hold should be used for renaming files - the 2nd click is annoying, as often I end up doing double-click and I just open the file (I'll check if this was mentioned in the suggestions sections, or else I'll add it). ;)
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Since NC I'm using only right mouse button selection mode and I don't like left mouse selection mode since Windows 95:) I like that selection keeps and that I can select files w/o troubles with Ctrl and Shift.