FileX content plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ZoSTeR
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ZoSTeR »

VadiMGP wrote:What "defrag" you use? Windows's defrag doesn't show fragmentation per file.
Contig from Sysinternals shows individual file fragmentation.
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2ZoSTeR
I know about Contig, but norfie² wrote about Degraf.
norfie²
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie² »

2VadiMGP
What "defrag" you use?
WXP defrag. I meant the ananlysis report (content menu of a drive - Properties - Tab 'Tools' - Button 'Defrag now' - Button 'Analyze' - Button 'View Report')
"War is evil, in so far as it makes more bad people than it takes away."
Immanuel Kant in "Perpetual Peace"
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2norfie²
Ok, I found a reason. For compressed files Windows creates some entries in fragmentation map wich doesn't corerespond to any physical disk space. Don't ask me "why" - that is.
Now question is - take these "zombie" in account or not?
I can exclude them, but it will cause to contradiction with defragmenting software, wich relys on total counter.

JFYI - example of such "defragmenting software" is standard defragmenter on Win2000. :wink:
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

The new FileX 2.1 crashes with an Exception in ContentGetValue for every file when viewed with WDX Guide 1.9.0. Previous version FileX 1.7 works fine. OS is Win7x64 German.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2tbeu
It was a bug related to Unicode strings.
Download the new version, please.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Thank your for the fix. I confirm that plugin works again with WDX Guide. Please also change plugin version in pluginst.inf from 2.1 to 2.2.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2tbeu
Please also change plugin version in pluginst.inf from 2.1 to 2.2.
Done :)
9kvD38n6

FileX plugin feature requests

Post by *9kvD38n6 »

VadiMGP,

Any chance you could implement the following regarding file grouping?

1. Allow basket category group for all extensions not used in the [Groups] section, e.g. "none=*" so that groups can be put both before and after extensions that are not assigned to specific groups, e.g. group1 = documents, group2 = basket category, group3 = archives / temporary files etc.
2. Allow wildcards, e.g. so that .bk1/.bk2/.bk3 etc. can be assigned to a group as "bk*"
3. Introduce a placeholder to use the file's extension in the group name, e.g. Document_[ext]=doc:docx:txt will show Document_doc/Document_docx/Document_txt in Group field for respective file extension. This would make sorting by Group field more useful
4. Any chance of regex support? FileX seems an ideal successor to Lev's abandoned regexp plugin... (I know this is probably far too much to ask.)

Thanks for considering any of these
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

29kvD38n6
Well, I'll answer in different order. :)
2. Allow wildcards, e.g. so that .bk1/.bk2/.bk3 etc. can be assigned to a group as "bk*"
But you already can assign several extensions to one group like this "Document=doc:pdf:djvu:?book". What is the difference?
3. Introduce a placeholder to use the file's extension in the group name, e.g. Document_[ext]=doc:docx:txt
Sorry, it is impossible because string it is not just file extension, it is expression like "FinalDocuments=doc:?letter:|draft"
1. Allow basket category group for all extensions not used in the [Groups] section
Why you need this? All files not belonging to any group are shown with empty fields. Just to replace empty string with the predefined one?
4. Any chance of regex support? FileX seems an ideal successor to Lev's abandoned regexp plugin... (I know this is probably far too much to ask.)
I don't know right now. There exists another plugin - Filemask. First I'll add TR1 (ECMAScript) regex support to Filemask. After this I'll decide whether I will add it to FileX.

Only problem - I don't know exactly when I'll find time to do this. :(
9kvD38n6

Post by *9kvD38n6 »

But you already can assign several extensions to one group like this "Document=doc:pdf:djvu:?book". What is the difference?
It would be useful for cases in which extensions are numbered up to 15, 20 or beyond. Sometimes it's impossible to anticipate this. However I admit these are rare cases. And of course they would be useful in combination with "?*|". So something like "?book_" would include books, booking, booked etc. Okay, that could probably be done manually, too.
Sorry, it is impossible because string it is not just file extension, it is expression like "FinalDocuments=doc:?letter:|draft"
I feel it would still be a nice option for when I don't use "?*|". I could sort like this in .ini:

Code: Select all

Document=?letter:|draft
Document_[ext]=doc:docx:txt
and the plugin could ignore lines that contain special operators and add the extensions for the rest. Still, this is also just a bonus feature, but it would allow shrinking TC's native extension column to a few pixels and replacing it with a modified version via FileX while being able to use the file's original extension in the result. Again, of course, I guess one could do this manually:

Document_doc=doc
Document_txt=txt
Why you need this? All files not belonging to any group are shown with empty fields. Just to replace empty string with the predefined one?
Yes, and this one, I feel, really would be very useful. As it is, all undefined extensions will have an empty column value and will therefore be sorted either to the top or to the very end of the list. But what if I want to sort them somewhere in the middle, e.g. I want to have executable files at the top, then all undefined files, but DLLs at the bottom of the list as they just get in the way? Okay, I might hide them from the view, but that will have other side-effects.

Anyway, thanks a lot for responding. I'll check out the FileMask plugin.
9kvD38n6

Another >brilliant< suggestion ...

Post by *9kvD38n6 »

... would be for one of the content plugins that allow grouping to sort each individual .lnk file according to the target that it points to, rather than the file name of the .lnk file itself. That way, .lnks to folders could be sorted to the top of the list (Group 0 or 1), .lnks to docs would be sorted along with .doc files, .lnks to .exes with .exes etc.

Now that would be great, wouldn't it? (at least as an option)

Shouldn't be to hard to do - would be easy to do with Lev's script plugin, but I just ditched that because it really slows things down when you have a couple of hundred files in a folder.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

2VadiMGP

As I had recently noticed, TC 9.0 crashes under certain conditions under
TC 9.0RC6 64 bit, Win10 Pro x64 Version 1607 (Build 14393.447) with regard to

FileX!ContentGetValue+0x10e7
according to files created with Procdump sent to and decoded from Mr Ghisler.

Steps in TC 9.0 and Windows 10 Explorer:
- Move a file with many characters to a directory which path/file-length in sum exeeds more than 259 charaters
- Confirm hint of TC that length exeeds 259 characters,
- click on Button "Keep name" (file is moved correctly)
- change panel and scroll down in the folder (where you moved the file into)
- TC crashes and after restart it is not possible in TC to enter this folder
- it is necessary to shorten path/filename with Windows Explorer
- after that folder can be entered again by TC and file can be opened

Could you please look into the matter at your earliest convenience.

Regards
Karl
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2tuska
What fields from FileX you use?
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »