New freeware plugin available: CD/DVD Burner

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Loc2262

New freeware plugin available: CD/DVD Burner

Post by *Loc2262 »

Greetings!

I'd like to offer you a new plugin for burning CDs and DVDs directly from Total Commander.

The plugin is freeware (with a kind request for a small donation if you like it :) ) and can burn Data CDs/DVDs, Audio CDs and Video DVDs. (Further project types planned: ISO/CUE, VCD, SVCD and UDF-Data.)

Project homepage with download: http://www.tiasoft.de/tcburner

To avoid flames I'm declaring the project "beta state" for now. :) Bug reports, suggestions and tips are welcome!
Gruß,
Frank
franck8244
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *franck8244 »

I haven't tried it yet but seems pretty great ... and more TC integrated than ...
One wish at the moment : Add multilanguage option ...
TC#88260 -
Stitscher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stitscher »

Looks great, but the download doesn't work.
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

Thank you very much for your great plugin. :D I like the directory design for different projects.

Some remarks:
1st: Please don't use registry for storing configuration data
(HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tiamat Software\TCBurner\Configuration). Registry is immobile. If I use TCmd from a USB-stick on strange computers and use your plugin then this registry settings will be remain on this computers - I don't like that. Could you use an ini-file instead. This ini-file should be stored in the same directory like wincmd.ini or optional in same directory like the plugin.

2nd: Please, could you add a multilanguage support?

3rd: virtual file "** Show help" opens the browser with a html-page. Please, could you add internal lister support? That means pressing key F3 opens the internal lister with some text (or html without any pics).
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

What a great burning plugin, respect! This is what a file system burning plugin should look like.

I doubt that the developer of that shareware alternative will be too happy about your creation, though. ;)

Icfu
This account is for sale
franck8244
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *franck8244 »

I have just read his online to_do_list : it contains all the things we reported here :P and more ...

Great Help File...
TC#88260 -
Wilhelm M.
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Wilhelm M. »

Really impressing!

An important option should be added, however. For certain burning projects it is essential to adjust the burning speed. Presently, only maximum speed seems to be possible.
Grüße/Regards,
Wilhelm
tosbsas

Post by *tosbsas »

Don't know why - but your page doesn't show in Opera

Ruben
A New Generation transformed by the Power of God
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Using Opera 8.0 Beta 1 here, no problems.

Icfu
This account is for sale
Loc2262

Post by *Loc2262 »

Hello!

Wow, so many replies in such short time. :) I'll write a cumulative answer, thanks to all repliers!

The requests "don't use registry", "adjustable burnspeed" and "multilanguage" are already on the ToDo-list, that's the next things I'll implement.

Using the lister to display the documentation: okay, just implemented that. When you press F3 on the **Show Help, it will put the contents of the Documentation.hmtl in the lister window now. I hope that's what you wanted. :)

Over time I'll also add more functionality to the standard TC commands, e.g. some more built-in quickhelp when pressing Alt-Enter on commands/directories.

About not working download: it could be that in some cases this download counter thingy I'm using isn't working properly. In that case, please use this direct link: http://www.tiasoft.de/tcburner/TCBurner.zip

About Opera: I'm using Opera 7.51, and the page loads all okay. What exactly is the problem?
Gruß,
Frank
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2Loc2262 Great work!

I tried your plugin with my external USB BenQ cd-writer and this is results:

1. I didn't find option to renew device list. I entered into plugin when cd-writer was disconnected. Of cause plugin didn't detect it. But after connecting device I have to restart TC. I think somewhere should be command for refresh device list. May be in Configuration dialog.

2. First burned disk was unreadable so I decided to burn second disk with "Verify" option checked. Disk was written correctly and ejected but "verify" procedure was started without waiting for insertion disk back into device. So several files was reported as error.
Loc2262

Post by *Loc2262 »

VadiMGP wrote:1. I didn't find option to renew device list. I entered into plugin when cd-writer was disconnected. Of cause plugin didn't detect it. But after connecting device I have to restart TC. I think somewhere should be command for refresh device list. May be in Configuration dialog.
Good point! Didn't think about removable burners. :) Will be added, thanks!
2. First burned disk was unreadable so I decided to burn second disk with "Verify" option checked. Disk was written correctly and ejected but "verify" procedure was started without waiting for insertion disk back into device. So several files was reported as error.
Yeah that's currently a known problem of the SDK I'm using, the guys that develop it will hopefully fix that soon. Until then it may help if you re-insert the CD really fast. As soon as the device door is closed (or about to close), the verify function will wait till the CD init is complete.

Same problem also arises with notebook burners or slot-in devices.
Gruß,
Frank
sas2000
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sas2000 »

Fantastic, thanks. :lol: :lol: :lol:
No problems with Opera 7.11

Nigurrath

Post by *Nigurrath »

garwsh!

Astonishing quality for a free component at it's first release.. I like more to pay you than others for this type of plugins....compliments! Standing on for next releases!
always latest 32b TC on a WIN10 64b
TW

Post by *TW »

haven't it tested yet thoroughly, but this looks really cool. and useful.

if you need a german translation, here i am. but it seems you're a german speaker yourself. 8)

thank you!