WCX plugin for resizing image files in batch mode

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

taohe

WCX plugin for resizing image files in batch mode

Post by *taohe »

It's called TotalRSZ. Its' based on ImageMagick for image resizing. This is a freeware.

Download:
http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/rsz.html

or
http://fm2k.ys168.com
(Just ignore the Chinese words on the page, and click the link in English.)

Edit by moderator:

kesdoputr wrote on page 3:
kesdoputr wrote: 2020-01-02, 20:38 UTC Today i found It's a new version v2.6 build 350 released on 2015

And the author has change it's site to

https://shajisoft.com/shajisoft_wp/totalrsz/

Last edited by taohe on 2011-09-27, 01:13 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
taohe

Post by *taohe »

An upgraded version is available from the same url posted in the above post. The good news is that you can access the page by using other browsers like Firefox, Chrome, etc.

The latest version is TotalRSZ v1.5 build 150. It features:
- Resize/crop files in parallel by multi-threading which should be good for multi-core machines.
- With an option to shrink image files to the given size.
- Compatible with WCX API v2.21, so it can be put into background when used with TC 7.5x.

To download it, click the link of the file on the page, and click on the left button on the second page, then you'll see the real link of the file.

TotalRSZ supports both English and Chinese. The downloaded file has Chinese interface enabled by default. To get English interface, simply remove Totalrsz_chs.dll after the installation. The document is included and it's in English.
taohe

Post by *taohe »

I've got a weird problem while testing TotalRSZ v1.5 b150 with TotalCommander v7.56a: After I select some image files in one pane, and use TotalRSZ to resize them, those files remain selected afterwards! I have to manually unselect them.

What could be the cause? Any help will be appreciated.
taohe

Post by *taohe »

taohe wrote:I've got a weird problem while testing TotalRSZ v1.5 b150 with TotalCommander v7.56a: After I select some image files in one pane, and use TotalRSZ to resize them, those files remain selected afterwards! I have to manually unselect them.

What could be the cause? Any help will be appreciated.
Just an update:

This might be a bug of TC 7.56a. The same problem doesn't happen to TC 7.50a and TotalRSZ v1.5 b150 on the same machine. I haven't tested with any other versions of TC, though.
andres992

Post by *andres992 »

TotalRSZ seems quite nice, thank you!

I noticed that it does not always retain the orientation of the original image (e.g. portrait becomes landscape). Is this a bug or a feature for future?
#68776 Personal Licence
taohe

Post by *taohe »

andres992 wrote:TotalRSZ seems quite nice, thank you!

I noticed that it does not always retain the orientation of the original image (e.g. portrait becomes landscape). Is this a bug or a feature for future?
It must be a bug if it happens. Would you mind posting an example image file here, or sending it to my mail box (README file has my email address)?
TW

Post by *TW »

thanks, i made a mirror for this.

http://tc:user@85.31.189.96/tc/
Last edited by TW on 2011-05-17, 17:44 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
licenced and happy TC user since 1994 (#11xx)
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

links needs user and password.
solid
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *solid »

user:tc
pass:user
taohe

Post by *taohe »

A new version has been released. Here are the changes:
v1.5 build 160, 5 June 2011
* Added: Resize to the preferrred width or height if only the width or height is given.
* Fixed: Disable reporting errors when working with directories where there non-image
files like Thumbs.db, to make it more suitable for batch processing.
taohe

Post by *taohe »

andres992 wrote:TotalRSZ seems quite nice, thank you!

Just realised that it could be related to exif. If the original image has orientation defined in the exif informatino, it's not retained in the output of TotalRSZ. GraphicsMagick doesn't support write exif at the moment.

If this is the case, a new option can be added to TotalRSZ to recognise the orientation defined in the exif before resizing the image.
andres992

Post by *andres992 »

I have sent the sample images to your email some time ago. Have you received the samples?

If the problem is in exif, such an option would be most welcome.
#68776 Personal Licence
taohe

Post by *taohe »

andres992 wrote:I have sent the sample images to your email some time ago. Have you received the samples?

If the problem is in exif, such an option would be most welcome.
I am sorry but I haven't seen your mail. It must have been buried in a pile of junk emails.

I'll take a note and work on it once I have some free time. Quite busy at the moment.
oloszy

Post by *oloszy »

TotalRSZ is great. It's the best batch picture resize/compress utility I found so far. Thank you for it :)

I know it's free but is it free for commercial use too?
Is it possible to add watermark?
Greetings,
Olo
taohe

Post by *taohe »

oloszy wrote:TotalRSZ is great. It's the best batch picture resize/compress utility I found so far. Thank you for it :)

I know it's free but is it free for commercial use too?
Is it possible to add watermark?
Yes, it's free for any use.

What do you mean by adding watermark? As an additional option to make watermark on the output images after re-sizing?