Bug in WCX plugin interface concerning 'Dirs timestamp'?

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

beketata

Bug in WCX plugin interface concerning 'Dirs timestamp'?

Post by *beketata »

I tested the following with Total Commander 6.51 (on Win XP).

When the archive opened for the first time TC calls ReadHeader() in a loop and my plugin sets the HeaderData->FileTime for each file and directory.
After collect this info TC show content of archive with correct Date and Time for files and directories.

Then I try to copy some of directories (by marking whole directory) from archive to any place on HD opened in another panel. When TC request for a file it call ProcessFile() for each file to be copied and I set Date and Time for this file.

BUT for the directory to copy, TC creates it on one's own without calling of ProcessFile() and it's no chance to set the Date and Time for directory. That's the issue.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Indeed this isn't currently supported, sorry. Changing this behaviour now could break other plugins which don't support the handling of directories...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
beketata

Post by *beketata »

[quote="ghisler(Author)"]Indeed this isn't currently supported, sorry. Changing this behaviour now could break other plugins which don't support the handling of directories...[/quote]

Thank you for your answer.

It shouldn't be a reason to arrest a development !
This functionality must be present in the interface "TC - Plugin", because it's not a suggested feature, it's an essential condition.

Regards, beketata