[OT] Opera / Maxthon / Firefox, etc.

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

szlori

Post by *szlori »

OT 2Icfu:
I gave you guys (Flint as well) some clicks for the free Opera.
I'm just wondering what it is that you find better in Opera compared to Firefox (which I'm using).
CoMiKe

Post by *CoMiKe »

szlori wrote:I'm just wondering what it is that you find better in Opera compared to Firefox (which I'm using).
I'm just wondering what it is that you find better in Firefox compared to Maxthon (which I'm using). :lol:

Ok, ok, it's based on IE, but is very fast and... well, give it a try so I don't need to explain why I think it's the best. 8)

Sorry for answering off-topic. :oops:
Xtrician

Post by *Xtrician »

Maxthon is poor..
the security there not good and ActiveX can to run on you pc quickly and easy..

Firefox comapat, Safe, Fast, Good, and more..
CoMiKe

Post by *CoMiKe »

Last offtopic post, sorry. I must answer.

I will change Maxthon if:
  • I ever get infected by spyware or virus.
  • Mozilla ever get as fast as Maxthon and get all features available in Maxthon (like simply collector, buttons instead tabs in No Skin mode, and similar interface).
Maxthon can also block Activex installers. Anyway, this is not a Maxthon vs Firefox post, I also like Firefox, but I would need three or four FF plugins that don't exist yet.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

/offtopic @szlori:

Opera has had all the features that people now think were invented by Firefox long before Firefox was born so I ask you in return: Why do you prefer Firefox?

Firefox is extremely sluggish on older computers, I don't have any desires to wait before Firefox has internally calculated that I have pressed a menu entry five seconds ago, I want it to open directly, Opera can do it.

Out of the box Firefox can do nothing, it's worse than Internet Explorer so I need to install 30 or 40 plugins before Firefox can compete with Opera, the problem is that afterwards Firefox is ten times as big as Opera and even more sluggish. It can not even automatically sort bookmarks alphabetically, the same crap as in Netscape 4.7 so I have to manually sort every single folder, this is a bad joke I think.

Then there is the Google-Firefox alliance which I don't like, Firefox starts to grow to the most ugly Open Source experiment ever, sooner or later people will recognize that Firefox is even worse than Internet Explorer because its Open Source developers are not as open-minded and "nice" as everyone thinks. The german Firefox user base has already been attacked by a modified ebay spying button, this is something I would expect from Microsoft but not from an Open Source product. The reaction to this little "mistake" was embarrassing.

Opera is always ahead in development: Mouse gestures, nicknames for fast bookmark access, panel bar, RSS reader, voice control, free customization of all menus, button bars, etc...

If Firefox would be as smartly coded as Opera I would definetely switch because I like programs extendable by plugins. It would be better if Firefox would be recoded from scratch instead of keeping old Netscape code.

/offtopic/

Icfu
This account is for sale
Xtrician

Post by *Xtrician »

i was hacker and i tell you that Firefox is just invisible by all Spyware,ActiveX, and more scripts..

im try all the browser and Firefox was the best..
the gecko engine in firefox will be the future of the other browsers..

To firefox have a lot of plugins and extensions that not have to any other browser.. and he have a special tabs not like Opera and Maxthon..

and FF using low ram..

Im recommend you to try it and you will love it..
1 Popup or file not entered to my pc..

Firefox - Because the internet is now clear,clean, safe, fast,and More enjoy to slide..!
Elad
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

If you were a hacker then I am the pope,
your posting is ironicly meant I hope, nope? ;)
i tell you that Firefox is just invisible by all Spyware,ActiveX, and more scripts..
Firefox doesn't support ActiveX, just like Opera so this is no wonder. Spyware is a local component, just like installed viruses. If it is installed it can use Firefox just like every other browser for cummunication needs. The plugin interface is dangerous and it can be misused like ActiveX. If people press "OK" on malicious components the game is over.
What about that, for example:
http://seclists.org/lists/bugtraq/2005/May/0157.html
the gecko engine in firefox will be the future of the other browsers..
You think Opera or Internet Explorer will switch to Gecko? Well, err, I doubt. ;)

Interested in the bug fixing status of the three major browsers? Look here. ;)
Opera
Firefox
IE

Icfu
Last edited by icfu on 2005-05-16, 14:10 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
This account is for sale
Xtrician

Post by *Xtrician »

Opera not support all the Character Encoding like FF..
Elad
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

There are unlimited character encodings possible, which of them does Opera not support?

Icfu
This account is for sale
Xtrician

Post by *Xtrician »

anway.. go and say all this to 50 millions peoples that using FF..
Elad
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

This is not an argument or would you say that Windows Explorer is a better file manager because it is used by more people than Total Commander?

Why don't you answer the question? I am interested to hear about which character encodings are not supported by Opera and all I get from you is hot air.

Icfu
This account is for sale
Xtrician

Post by *Xtrician »

Hebrew encoding not support in Opera..
and im remove opera now.. is just poor program and Firefox eat Opera in one shot!!
opera is not freeware, and its Adware.. and i see Popups when im slide..

say what you want now.. but firefox better then opera..

Firefox - The Ultimate Browser!
Elad
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

*plonk*

Icfu
This account is for sale
CoMiKe

Post by *CoMiKe »

Xtrician, only one question. How old are you?
Ermm, better. How young are you?

Because your last post sounds radical or childish, dont know.

From now on, I won't feed you, troll.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2icfu
Out of the box Firefox can do nothing
I'm quite sure this is wrong.
Firefox is ten times as big as Opera
Operas executables and libaries are compressed using aspack. Is there an unpacked version?
automatically sort bookmarks alphabetically
I have a quite suspious entry in firefox context menu (not a plugin!) and it works fine.

2Xtrician
Hebrew encoding not support in Opera..
That's wrong. Just take a closer look at the encoding menu.

In the past there were ZIP versions of Firefox. There are not released officially any longer. :-(
I like these kind of distributions. Who knows if Opera releases plain archives of new Opera versions?