TC IrfanView Plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

AkulaBig

Re: TC IrfanView Plugin

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-06-15, 23:45 UTC - F2 Rename does not work at all at the moment.
  - IS .......: F3 Lister (irfanview), F2: Nothing happens, [multiple] click in the image and F2 shows the rename mask. Renaming not possible.
  - SHOULD: F3 Lister (irfanview), F2 rename -> renaming should be possible - without having to click in the image.
  This function has been requested by one user so far. (I always do my renaming in Total Commander).
I finally understand what you're writing about. Next time, it's better to specify which program you use keyboard shortcuts for. The plugin is designed so that when you start the focus gets Lister. That is, F2 Lister and all other Lister hotkeys work. In order for the IV keyboard shortcuts to work, you need to click on the image with the mouse. That is, to shift the focus to IV. Then F2 IV will work.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

AkulaBig wrote: 2023-06-16, 08:24 UTC
tuska wrote: 2023-06-15, 23:45 UTC [ am very sorry, but I can not cope with the issue C:\Program Files\... or C:\Program Files (x86)\
[img]https://i122.fastpic.org/thumb/2023/0616/05/_f52c9774d9a606a9204b769b880e4505.jpeg[/img]

But I realized that you wrote about irfanview.ini when you first installed it.
Until you press F3 or Ctrl+Q irfanview.ini is not created and you cannot specify the path to the IV type
[Options]
path64=C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\i_view32.exe
Unfortunately, there is no way to fix this. Just write an installation program, which doesn't make sense.
But in the readme, of course, you need to write about it.
We can forget about this topic (irfanview.ini), please.
I know how to handle it during the first installation (and afterwards) after repeated extensive tests.
AkulaBig wrote: 2023-06-16, 08:32 UTC
tuska wrote: 2023-06-15, 23:45 UTC - F2 Rename does not work at all at the moment.
  - IS .......: F3 Lister (irfanview), F2: Nothing happens, [multiple] click in the image and F2 shows the rename mask. Renaming not possible.
  - SHOULD: F3 Lister (irfanview), F2 rename -> renaming should be possible - without having to click in the image.
  This function has been requested by one user so far. (I always do my renaming in Total Commander).
... The plugin is designed so that when you start the focus gets Lister. That is, F2 Lister and all other Lister hotkeys work.
In order for the IV keyboard shortcuts to work, you need to click on the image with the mouse.
That is, to shift the focus to IV. Then F2 IV will work.
> F2 Lister: For me the lister is not called with F2 but with F3 -> Help > Keyboard > F3 List files.
> click on the image with the mouse: OK
> Then F2 Rename IV will work: NO! Tested with installation path C:\totalcmd | TC 11.00b7 x64, x86 | TC IrfanView Plugin 1.8.4.
  I used to think that F2 Rename worked because I saw the rename mask. However, an attempt to rename failed.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-06-16, 09:34 UTC   I used to think that F2 Rename worked because I saw the rename mask. However, an attempt to rename failed.
Works. But it is necessary to completely highlight the old name and delete it. After that, enter a new name. The fact that focus is constantly trying to exit the rename window is a plugin problem. I haven't been able to solve it yet.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-06-16, 09:34 UTC > F2 Lister: For me the lister is not called with F2 but with F3 -> Help > Keyboard > F3 List files.
You've got me confused again. What does F3 have to do with it? Above you wrote about F2 in IV. F3 in Lister causes a search.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

AkulaBig wrote: 2023-06-16, 10:08 UTC
tuska wrote: 2023-06-16, 09:34 UTC   I used to think that F2 Rename worked because I saw the rename mask. However, an attempt to rename failed.
Works. But it is necessary to completely highlight the old name and delete it. After that, enter a new name. The fact that focus is constantly trying to exit the rename window is a plugin problem. I haven't been able to solve it yet.
Let's put it this way: it doesn't always work.
1st try: OK
2nd try: Renaming not possible.
Delete the old name completely?
I can gladly do without that.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-06-16, 10:17 UTC I can gladly do without that.
What kind of Windows do you have? It works clumsily on Win 11. This is the main problem for me now, that in order to support all the IV functionality, I have to constantly shift the focus in the IV windows. And it doesn't look pretty in some windows.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

By the way, I tried the plugin in Program Files, if TC is running from under the user. Everything works.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

AkulaBig wrote: 2023-06-16, 11:27 UTC
tuska wrote: 2023-06-16, 10:17 UTC I can gladly do without that.
What kind of Windows do you have? It works clumsily on Win 11.
This is the main problem for me now, that in order to support all the IV functionality,
I have to constantly shift the focus in the IV windows. And it doesn't look pretty in some windows.
Windows 11 Pro (x64) Version 22H2 (OS build Build 22621.1848) | TC 11.00b7 x64/x86.

By the way, I have now done tests again with the 32bit and 64 bit version in C:\totalmd regarding F2 renaming:
F3 Lister (irfanview) > click into the image > F2 > highlight image name > Ctrl+C > press "Del" key = delete image name >
Ctrl+V > perform renaming > press ENTER > press ESC key > the image was renamed!
This worked several times!

F2 Rename is not easy to handle and a task change in between can complicate the renaming even more.
I can't imagine that someone would do a rename in this manner and therefore I would NOT offer F2 Rename in the plugin.

Up to now only one user was interested in it (F2 rename) anyway - but as far as I know he has already completely
withdrawn from this plugin.
AkulaBig wrote: 2023-06-16, 11:29 UTC By the way, I tried the plugin in Program Files, if TC is running from under the user. Everything works.
That makes me happy for you.

I had also tested this constellation extensively - without success.
As I said, this topic (Program Files) has already settled for me (no longer interested).

But it will certainly interest other users, how you can manage this overall,
because there were already 2 inquiries on this topic in different TC forums, as I have already mentioned here.

However, in my opinion, these users will need a highly detailed and comprehensive step-by-step manual
including all paths and necessary settings(!). "Everything works in Program Files" will not be enough here.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-06-16, 18:03 UTC F2 Rename is not easy to handle and a task change in between can complicate the renaming even more.
I finally solved the focus problem. Try the new version. Now F2 should work fine. You, most importantly, remember the algorithm. The main window. this is the Lister window. That is, the Lister hotkeys work by default. In order for the IV keyboard shortcuts to work, you need to focus on it. To do this, click on the image.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cO6_MrQRErHqGgZPYlUlnYkVlGUCs8l_/view?usp=sharing
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-06-16, 18:03 UTC I can't imagine that someone would do a rename in this manner and therefore I would NOT offer F2 Rename in the plugin.
You think I assign actions to each key. In reality, this is not the case. I don't control the keys at all, except for the navigation keys. So I'm not doing anything to make F2 work.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-06-16, 18:03 UTC "Everything works in Program Files" will not be enough here.
I'll just write that when installing in system folders, they must be accessed. Everything. It's not my problem why the user doesn't have access to some folders. Maybe he's a hacker at all, and I'll let him hack Microsoft through my plugin :oops:
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

AkulaBig wrote: 2023-06-16, 19:12 UTC
tuska wrote: 2023-06-16, 18:03 UTC F2 Rename is not easy to handle and a task change in between can complicate the renaming even more.
I finally solved the focus problem. Try the new version. Now F2 should work fine.
You, most importantly, remember the algorithm. The main window. this is the Lister window.
That is, the Lister hotkeys work by default. In order for the IV keyboard shortcuts to work, you need to focus on it.
To do this, click on the image.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cO6_MrQRErHqGgZPYlUlnYkVlGUCs8l_/view?usp=sharing
Thank you for the new version 1.8.5b! :)

F2 Rename works fine now - even with "sidecar files" ticked!
It was tested as follows:

TC 11.00b7 x64 (started WITHOUT administrative rights)
  1. Program file: C:\totalcmd\TOTALCMD64.EXE (portable use)
    Settings file: C:\totalcmd\wincmd.ini
    1. C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\irfanview.ini
      [Options]
      path64=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Tools\IrfanView-portable-64bit\IrfanView\i_view64.exe
      path=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Tools\IrfanView-portable\IrfanView\i_view32.exe
      The own settings(!) for IrfanView are used: %COMMANDER_PATH%\Tools\IrfanView-portable-64bit\IrfanView\i_view64.ini
      The own settings(!) for IrfanView are used: %COMMANDER_PATH%\Tools\IrfanView-portable\IrfanView\i_view32.ini
    2. These folders are not needed:
      C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView\
      C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView64\
  2. Program file: C:\Program Files\totalcmd\TOTALCMD64.EXE
    Settings file: C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\GHISLER\wincmd.ini
    1. c:\Program Files\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView64\i_view64.ini
      Works with i_view64.ini from AkulaBig AND my own i_view64.ini!.
    • c:\Program Files\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\irfanview.ini [Options] - otherwise no further entries
    • Copied the own IrfanView directory (portable use) -> C:\totalcmd\Tools\IrfanView-portable-64bit\IrfanView\
      into this folder: c:\Program Files\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView64\
  3. IrfanView - context menu in TC 11.00b7 x64: Currently not possible due to an already confirmed bug.
    Options > Properties/Settings... P > Viewing > ☑ Use right mouse button for context menu (default: scrolling)
    This results in: i_view64.ini
    [Viewing]
    ContextMenu=1
    Attention: In the file wlx_TCIrfanView_1.8.5b.7z (i_view64.ini) is present value: ContextMenu=0

4. Ctrl+Q and F3 Lister (irfanview) works!

TC 11.00b7 x86 (started WITHOUT administrative rights)
  1. Program file: C:\totalcmd\TOTALCMD64.EXE (portable use)
    Settings file: C:\totalcmd\wincmd.ini
    1. C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\irfanview.ini
      [Options]
      path64=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Tools\IrfanView-portable-64bit\IrfanView\i_view64.exe
      path=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Tools\IrfanView-portable\IrfanView\i_view32.exe
      The own settings(!) for IrfanView are used: %COMMANDER_PATH%\Tools\IrfanView-portable-64bit\IrfanView\i_view64.ini
      The own settings(!) for IrfanView are used: %COMMANDER_PATH%\Tools\IrfanView-portable\IrfanView\i_view32.ini
    2. These folders are not needed:
      C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView\
      C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView64\
  2. Program file: C:\Program Files\totalcmd\TOTALCMD.EXE
    Setting file: C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\GHISLER\wincmd.ini
    1. c:\Program Files\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView\i_view32.ini
      Works with i_view32.ini from AkulaBig AND my own i_view32.ini!. <- EDIT: Duplication error!
      Unlike the x64 version, with the x86 version I can NOT select my own .ini file, i.e. it has no effect.
    • c:\Program Files\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\irfanview.ini [Options] - otherwise no further entries
    • Copied the own IrfanView directory (portable use) -> C:\totalcmd\Tools\IrfanView-portable\IrfanView\
      into this folder: c:\Program Files\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView\
  3. IrfanView - context menu in TC 11.00b7 x86:
    Options > Properties/Settings... P > Viewing > ☑ Use right mouse button for context menu (default: scrolling)
    This results in: i_view32.ini
    [Viewing]
    ContextMenu=1
    Attention: In the file wlx_TCIrfanView_1.8.5b.7z (i_view32.ini) is present value: ContextMenu=0
    1. There are two problems here in x86 "Program Files" with
      c:\Program Files\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView\i_view32.ini
      • The context menu does not appear but only the hand although ContextMenu=1 was entered by me.
      • Unlike the x64 version, with the x86 version I can NOT select my own .ini file, i.e. it has no effect.
        When I click on the "About IrfanView" button I get "This copy of IrfanView is registered to: YOU"
        instead of my registered name.
  4. Ctrl+Q and F3 Lister (irfanview) works!
Please check!

But now we are getting very close to the final.
Thank you very much for your endeavours!
Last edited by tuska on 2023-06-18, 11:07 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-06-17, 00:50 UTC [*]IrfanView - context menu in TC 11.00b7 x64: Currently not possible
Well, there was a reason. I have not tested the beta version of TC. I prefer to wait for the release.
tuska wrote: 2023-06-17, 00:50 UTC Attention: In the file wlx_TCIrfanView_1.8.5b.7z (i_view64.ini) is present value: ContextMenu=0
Yes, this value sets the default IV. The user decides for himself whether he needs a context menu or not. Do you think it's better to turn it on?
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

AkulaBig wrote: 2023-06-17, 05:36 UTC
tuska wrote: 2023-06-17, 00:50 UTC Attention: In the file wlx_TCIrfanView_1.8.5b.7z (i_view64.ini) is present value: ContextMenu=0
Yes, this value sets the default IV. The user decides for himself whether he needs a context menu or not.
Do you think it's better to turn it on?
I'm not sure what an impact on a foreign PC at a customer this has on, for example, when someone uses a portable installation.
If it has no effect, then I am definitely in favor of the context menu being present by default (ContextMenu=1)
because that will certainly save a lot of forum inquiries over time.

---
I would still like your opinion on this:
"3.a. There are two problems here in x86 "Program Files" with
C:\Program Files\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView\i_view32.ini"
because I am not sure if I should add this not expected behavior with ContextMenu=1 to the bug report.
Please see above your post (it is marked in red font).
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-06-17, 09:02 UTC because that will certainly save a lot of forum inquiries over time.
OK
tuska wrote: 2023-06-17, 09:02 UTC because I am not sure if I should add this not expected behavior with ContextMenu=1
It is better to add. Let Ghisler know about it. And then it's up to him how to react to it.