[11.00b] Most freq. location set disabled and back - Save/Delete buttons remain greyed

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

[11.00b] Most freq. location set disabled and back - Save/Delete buttons remain greyed

Post by *Flint »

1. Open Settings - History.
2. Change the "Storage location for list of most frequently used folders" to disabled -> the Save now and Delete now buttons become greyed out.
3. Change the option back to something else.
4. The buttons don't return back to their working state.

TC 11.00b7 32- and 64-bit.

Added later:
Actually, the buttons become greyed out after any change of the option, and remain so until I press Apply, then they reactivate (unless the option is set to Disabled). That made me wonder if that's probably an intended behavior, designed to stop the user from changing/deleting the file in the wrong location which has not been confirmed yet…
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [11.00b] Most freq. location set disabled and back - Save/Delete buttons remain greyed

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The reason why this is done is that you don't accidentally delete the list in the wrong location.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Re: [11.00b] Most freq. location set disabled and back - Save/Delete buttons remain greyed

Post by *Flint »

OK, I see.

But for example, when I open the dialog, and the current value is "Default". I switch to something else, the buttons become greyed out. Then I switch back to Default, and they still remain greyed. I suppose, that's because TC simply does not remember the last used value and does not reactivate the buttons when choosing it, is that correct? Would be nice to have the buttons become enabled again in that scenario. But of course if that's not too much trouble implementing, it's a minor thing.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes, it doesn't remember the last location, it just detects that it was changed. This is much easier to detect, because the user may switch from one user-defined location to another and then back to the original, or switch from default to user-defined location which just happens to be the same as the default location, or vice versa.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com