Total Commander Menu Editor

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

It is - LBN_DBLCLK notification message.

Before I resort to starting to learn the Win32 API I rather use the Delphi equivalent(s). The is a DblClick event, I just don't know what would you like to have associated it with - "F5" or "F6"? BTW: I fixed F6 here already.

don't know if Delphi's ListBox component has drag-and-drop facilities

It does, I already implemented Source -> Target drag and drop, currently thinking about a way of sorting the menu with the mouse.

BTW, hope now that you did your exams you could find someone to celebrate this V. day with?

Nope, it's not like I find someone and then celebrate Valentine's day with her. I am more the type of guy who goes slowly at things. So no, there is currently nobody and probably won't be for some time, because I don't fall in love easily, either, and if I do, it's not like it's mutual or something.
Anyways.

HTH
Roman
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Well, you have our love for TCME. That’s mutual! ;)
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

BTW, Christian ListView control has owner-data style (i.e. virtual list) that you lacked in list box and had to create your own. Moreover it has caching mechanism to reduce big number of GetDispInfo messages. Though I don't know if it's available on some old systems
Indeed I couldn't use the ListView at the time because it's not available on NT 3.5x and older or Windows 3.1. Now that I have written everything with the Listbox, it would be a lot of work to change to a Listview.

Btw, I did use a ListView on Windows CE, where I had to write a completely new program anyway...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

Hacker wrote:I just don't know what would you like to have associated it with - "F5" or "F6"?
I don't know... Maybe configurable... I can't decide because I have my menu ready and just adding several new commands to it manually with every new TC version. Better ask Panos, he seems to be more interested in TCME than me :). Though, he also has his menu ready, so maybe other people respond with their preferences and other ideas.
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Valentino wrote:Better ask Panos, he seems to be more interested in TCME than me :). Though, he also has his menu ready, so maybe other people respond with their preferences and other ideas.
When I initially suggested this tool and Roman was willing to implement it I had in mind inexperienced users. Many people just don’t know useful TC commands because they are not displayed on the menus. By that time I already had my own menu version manually created. I believe that as new versions of TCME come out increasing in this way TCME’s sophistications we’ll reach a point when the majority of users will totally eliminate manual modifications. Of course TCME is already powerful for those starting a menu file from scratch! :)
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Hi,
TCME 1.0 is out, Drag and Drop implemented, (better) support for Panos' and Black Dog's menu files, bugfixes, an icon and the source is fully commented (hoorray).

http://thehacker.host.sk/tcme/

Please also take a look at http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=1116 .

TIA
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *pdavit »

Excellence as always! ;)
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

TCME 1.01 is out, should fix loading INI files not placed in the Windows dir.

Roman
[EDIT: Actually it should fix loading INIs that only have their relative path stored in registry (such as ./wincmd.ini)]
jjcjrcpa

Post by *jjcjrcpa »

Thanks for this - its very useful!!
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

You're welcome. :D

TCME 1.02 is out, it's now possible to select which menuitems get their TC shortcuts (like Alt+F5 for Pack...) saved with them (= shown on the menu).

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

Bug :-(

- Click right panel
- Click left panel
- Invalid class typecast :-(
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

:( Yeah, reproduced it, will look at it at home.
I guess the QA department screwed up.

Roman
kenjiidl

Post by *kenjiidl »

Hi Roman
I'm the one who wrote u about that. (keno)
If im guessing right tcme tries to automatically detect if
a menuitem is directly on the menubar? Well.... stop that guessing...
What i see is: It no longer adds any! hotkeys. No matter how the
checkboxes states. Damn i need a coffee. Cant think anymore.
However, there seems to be soething wrong.

EDIT:
FALSCHER ALARM!
It just doesn't recognize toggling of checkboxes as a "made change"
so it probably did acutually nothing when i previously pressed "save".

Thank you! Is nearly perfect now. And writing mails to coders starts
making sense ;-) Shall I write some mails to Christian?
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Hi,
TCME 1.03 is out, corrected that stupid bug djk was referring to.

kenjiidl,
Not sure what you mean. Any changes are saved upon pressing Save. If you wanted to say something else just explain it here or send me a mail.

Thanks
Roman
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

It works now ;-)
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl