Users norfie and nevidimka have been banned

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

Hacker wrote:wanderer,
i'd like to say mainly to the two banned users (if they ever read this) but also to Ghilser and the forum admins to take some time to analyse and judge their actions and as objectively as possible decide if the "ban" decision was justified or not.
I am not sure if I understand you right. Naturally, there has been a thorough discussion about the ban between the moderators / admin before the ban.

Hacker (Moderator)
Ok, perhaps it was not expressed right. Obviously you did your "analysis part" before making the decision and you believed it was the right thing to do, that's why you did it. It's now turn for the two users to do theirs (if they're interested at all to gain something from this experience).
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
Stance
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stance »

First of all, I have to say that I miss Nevidimka and Norfie.
I know they're still reading this and I hope both come back under new nicknames.

My idea after the banning was: Why not change the forum software to have a user silent banned for one day?
A day could be enough for a grown up person to think over what will be answered.

But like Christian Ghisler wrote:
...norfie deleted all his posts, and caused a lot of damage to this forum.
I recognized in that time, that Nevidimka started to do the same.
The banning was not a question of provocations or missing sense of humor, it was absulutely necessary to keep that forum functional.
When someone delete hundreds of postings, it is vandalism. The hits in the search function are useless.
The help someone has given before, turns into damage, when it isn't there anymore.
Norfie and Nevidimka have my full respect, but they must understand that, before they may come back.

Since we have the Total Commander Wiki, all of us should think over to write a page into the Wiki first and post a link to the wikipage into the forum.
The needed time would be often the same.
We are able to upload pictures there, often the best way to solve a problem.
Forum- and Wiki- software besides will become a very powerfull combination, which is underestimated now.
It could help to keep that forum relaxed and free of flaming.

Kind regards
Stance
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

I am not sure if I understand you right. Naturally, there has been a thorough discussion about the ban between the moderators / admin before the ban.
Sure you don't....
We are not doing this just for the money.
We are doing it for sh*t load of money.

r-moth.com
r-moth.deviantart.com