[OT:] Rookie of the year

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Lesmo16

[OT:] Rookie of the year

Post by *Lesmo16 »

I like to suggest majkinetor as Rookie of the year 2005!

151 Postings in only 2 weeks - respect!

He started with completely weird stuff :shock:
but changed to be serious with a very special style. :wink:
Everyone believing in telekinesis, raise my hand!
sas2000
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sas2000 »

No thanks :!:, when you say "with a very special style", do you mean "with a very impolite style" ?.

I think that there are better things to suggest, like to thanks Christian that will reach 5000 posts next week.
Thank you Christian. :D

JohnFredC
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JohnFredC »

Of those 151 posts by majkinetor, how many helped anyone?

Actually, several. But his ratio of helpful to rant (or obnoxious, or whatever) is very low, which is the problem.

It took a while for me to understand that he was just trying to contribute and also maybe stir up a group he saw as staid or set in our ways (He certainly did that, immediately!) and was just using the force of his personality to get his points across.

I almost hit that ignore button one day, but didn't, because it became obvious to me that he knows TC and is in touch with truth now and then (for instance, that "axiome" post was right on the money, painful or not). But with all the info he may have to offer, my observation is that it is sometimes too much (to borrow a bit from Pink Floyd:) "obscured by noise".

majkinetor, if you read this, understand that I personally think you mean well and have much to contribute. Please try a less confrontational stance. If you feel the need to use profanity in a post, then you are taking everything too seriously and need to chill out before posting. Go take a walk or something. Wait a day or so before responding. You'll live much longer and be happier.
Licensed, Mouse-Centric, moving (slowly) toward Touch-centric
jb

Post by *jb »

JohnFredC wrote:... in touch with truth now and then ...
To JohnFredC:
:lol: Often it is a pleasure for me to read your verbose posts (although they may be sometimes a bit lengthy).
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

I fully agree with Lesmo16 :P
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

@Lesmo16
Thank you very much.

@John
in touch with truth now and then
So you basicly say that I blether most of the time (I guess there are different levels of impolitenes, don't you think....) The main difference between two of us is that despite the fact that your posts are more philosphical and less techincal, I think of it to be your way of thinking and I accept it like it is (in contrast to some of you who will end THAT wrong behavior with the ignore button justice ). Anything you said, can be said with 1/10 words you used, and a lot more practical, but hej... its you. You present interesting information thinking your way and to make a judgement about that is the same as forwarding song to it's middle part just to hear the culmination - you are going to miss something. The bootom line of your story is everybody acting like Nexus 5. Relativity, my dear John, realtivity.
majkinetor, if you read this, understand that I personally think you mean well and have much to contribute.
If you personally think this, why did you write that :?: Do you hve multiple personalities ? :?
CoMiKe

Post by *CoMiKe »

I suppose I must congratulate majkinetor, as he has surpassed my number of posts in 2 weeks, when I've been registered in this forum since more than 2 years and a half. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

@Comike
The fact that you doesn't know what to say or do has nothing to do with me.

PS: and that's just another score for me :roll:
CoMiKe

Post by *CoMiKe »

2majkinetor
It wasn't an attack, but a joke. Sorry. :?

Anyway, I prefer to read the forum and learn, as I like to learn things that can be done with Total Commander.
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

@CoMike
Learning is in interaction.
It wasn't an attack, but a joke. Sorry.
What about " :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: " ? <-- They doesn't look like a joke to me

Anyway, everything is OK.
SQUIRE

Post by *SQUIRE »

2JohnFredC:

Perhaps you are slightly taken aback at having your well-meant observation dismissed with ill-concealed scorn. Well, that's only because you did not offer unstinting praise. :wink:

Do you not see that for those with that chilling, 2-state, Blade Runner universe mindset, anyone without Zeiss Ikon-enhanced full spectrum vision and mono-molecular razors concealed beneath their fingernails is rightly deserving of contempt and therefore, a good kicking? In that comic-book world, all of Man's great works may be summarised in 1/10 the space and scribbled on the back of a greasy EPROM, so why waste the time and the effort? :roll:

The living embodiment of this attitude today swaggers the streets of London and some of the larger European cities, shaven-headed, hobnail-booted, usually black-garbed, intolerant, and spewing violence and profanity without provocation. Hold your nose (as I do) and enjoy the forum!
Lesmo16

Post by *Lesmo16 »

sas2000 wrote:I think that there are better things to suggest, like to thanks Christian that will reach 5000 posts next week.
Thank you Christian. :D

Well, 5000 posts, that's really impressing.
May be Christian will take his 5.000th post as a chance to thank the Power Members for their great work.
Without them he would perhaps have to write his 20.000th posting.
Everyone believing in telekinesis, raise my hand!
sas2000
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sas2000 »

2Lesmo16 :

I fully agree with you.

SQUIRE

Post by *SQUIRE »

2 sas2000 & Lesmo16:

Count me in too. Thanks to the power members for their endless patience and willingness to share their expertise, and thanks to Christian for his delightful courtesy.
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

@ Squire
Hold your nose (as I do) and enjoy the forum!
Maybe you should consider removing your nose. That way you will have both your hands free to waggle with, while you are in your preaching trans.

By the way, you are becoming progressively borring. At the end, nobody will read you since you do nothing but preaching. At least, you will have this fact that you crossed me. Applause.