Noob question:moving multiple directories into a packed file

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

medic

Noob question:moving multiple directories into a packed file

Post by *medic »

When I try to copy multiple directories into a compressed directory structure, I get the “function is not supported” error.

I have extracted the directories fine and made my adjustments, now when I try to copy (overwrite) the existing directories back is then when the error occurs.

I also have tried to just move one directory at a time but the compressed directory becomes corrupt and only the newest directory moved into it is saved.
I have also tried to go into the compressed directors sublevels to the file I adjusted and just move the file but the complete directory is changed to the subdirectories title.

I have done this with a compressed directory containing only one directory and it works fine.

This is not a registered version. Does this work in the full version?
Thanks
medic

Post by *medic »

OK I'm a noob for sure! I got it to work thanks
Clo

1, 2, 3---

Post by *Clo »

2medic

:) Hello !
Welcome aboard and Merry X-Mas!

1. Let know that the trial version is not limited at anything, so there not any issue from this !
2. Indeed, it's much better to get a registration, let's say as a X-Mas present for you (and for our Dear Author who works hard for a long while to improve his programme…). It's cheap, and you never will pay anything more, you have it "for life" currently. 8)

3. The handlings you are talking of above are quite possible and usual, especially using the built-in ZIP packer, and also with some others, external or as packer-plugins…

4. Since you are a Member of this forum now, you can always edit your messages, no need to post twice if you want to add something…
{ Just a friendly tip, I don't moderate that forum. }

5. And of course, Read The Famous Manuals, the standard Help is provided with the programme, the illustrated Tutorial is available for free from the link in my signature below, and a lot of other things are set on the TC-Wiki…

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials