TCBL new version (1.04 )

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

min2max

Post by *min2max »

nsp wrote: A) A command in an ini file is in fact a batch template, it is interpreted during bat generation.
Yes, I knew an ini file is an alternative for lengthy command line.
nsp wrote: B) if you use the file tcbl.ini in the same folder as tcbl.exe just use i option.
Yes, I see. And I can use -I to use my own ini files (I should specify).
nsp wrote: As a sample, to call from TC, you just have to use the following from a button.

Code: Select all

cmd: %COMMANDER_PATH%\tools\tcbl\tcbl.exe 
      parameter: -i %L imagik.Half
      icon: what you want !
If it is not installed under total commander path in folder tools\tcbl, you should adapt it.
Some explanation :

Once you click on the button, you pass as option -i -> use inifile, the file of all selected files %L and the command to use inside the tcbl.ini imagik.Half.
===========================
In your case if you selected :

c:\My Images\img001.jpg
c:\My Images\img002.jpg
c:\My Images\img003.jpg
the produced bat should be :

set PATH=C:\tools\graphic\ImageMagick\;%PATH%
set img_resize="50%"
mogrify.exe -resize "%img_resize%" "c:\My Images\img001.jpg"
mogrify.exe -resize "%img_resize%" "c:\My Images\img002.jpg"
mogrify.exe -resize "%img_resize%" "c:\My Images\img003.jpg"
That's what I guessed but I was not very sure. I recommend you clarify this relationship between the [script_header] and the command line parameter of TCBL in its doc, if you have not.
nsp wrote: If you want to see it before execution, use -ei options instead of -i. You will get notepad launched with the file produced, you can modify it befor execution. In the console, you press a key and the execution continue !

The tools was intended for people that used lst2multi and wanted to have an external tool (like me ;) to also use it outside of TC...

Now it's very clear to me. Thank you so much for your clarification and your great productive tool!
Last edited by min2max on 2009-12-27, 07:05 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
min2max

Post by *min2max »

tcvol wrote:here are a few examples ..

[cpar2filesblock]
pre=@echo off
pre=REM
pre=title copy all files, 1 par block for all files
pre=REM
pre=REM $1 = %%commander_path%%\.scripts\par2\par2.exe
pre=REM $2 = parsize
pre=REM $3 = %T (target dir)
pre=REM $4 = finish task
pre=REM
pre=if exist "%~dp0finish.cmd" del "%~dp0finish.cmd"
pre=copy "$4" "%~dp0finish.cmd"
cmd=copy "$f" "$3\$n"
end=echo invoking par2/.
end=$1 c -r$2 -t+ -l "$3\generated.par2" "$3\*.*" && echo . > "$3\.transferred" && echo . > "$3\.packaged"
end="%~dp0finish.cmd"
end=pause
... ...
Thank you for your examples.

If you also list the example command line parameters demonstrating your sample command sets, just like nsp, it would be much clearer and more helpful to me and any other who is at the similar level as me.

Thanks again for your information.
tcvol

Post by *tcvol »

i use the following:

1 x .bar file which is a menu in tc to call certain functions in the .ini file
1 x .ini file with the functions

here is the bar file:

[Buttonbar] 
Buttoncount=23
button1=%commander_path%\totalcmd.exe,24
menu1=files - copy all files, 1 par block for all files
cmd1=""%commander_path%\addons\tcmd\tcbl\tcbl.exe" -I "%commander_path%\.scripts\tcbl\par2.ini""
param1=%L "cpar2filesblock" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\par2\par2.exe" 7 "%T\" "%%commander_path%%\.scripts\sys\pause.cmd"
button2=%commander_path%\totalcmd.exe,24
menu2=files - copy all files, 1 par block per file
cmd2=""%commander_path%\addons\tcmd\tcbl\tcbl.exe" -I "%commander_path%\.scripts\tcbl\par2.ini""
param2=%L "cpar2files" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\par2\par2.exe" 7 "%T\" "%%commander_path%%\.scripts\sys\pause.cmd"
button3=%commander_path%\totalcmd.exe,24
menu3=files - rar all files (1 archive), 1 par block per archive
cmd3=""%commander_path%\addons\tcmd\tcbl\tcbl.exe" -I "%commander_path%\.scripts\tcbl\par2.ini""
param3=%F "rpar2filesblock" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\par2\par2.exe" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\winrar\winrar.exe" 7 100 "%P\" "%T\" "%%commander_path%%\.scripts\sys\pause.cmd"
button4=%commander_path%\totalcmd.exe,24
menu4=files - rar all files (1 archive per file), 1 par block per archive
cmd4=""%commander_path%\addons\tcmd\tcbl\tcbl.exe" -I "%commander_path%\.scripts\tcbl\par2.ini""
param4=%L "rpar2files" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\par2\par2.exe" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\winrar\winrar.exe" 7 100 "%P\" "%T\" "%%commander_path%%\.scripts\sys\pause.cmd"
button5=%commander_path%\totalcmd.exe,24
menu5=folders - copy all folders, 1 par block per folder
cmd5=""%commander_path%\addons\tcmd\tcbl\tcbl.exe" -I "%commander_path%\.scripts\tcbl\par2.ini""
param5=%L "cpar2folders" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\par2\par2.exe" 7 "%T\" "%%commander_path%%\.scripts\sys\pause.cmd"
button6=%commander_path%\totalcmd.exe,24
menu6=folders - rar all folders (1 archive), 1 par block per archive
cmd6=""%commander_path%\addons\tcmd\tcbl\tcbl.exe" -I "%commander_path%\.scripts\tcbl\par2.ini""
param6=%F "rpar2foldersblock" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\par2\par2.exe" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\winrar\winrar.exe" 100 7 "%P\" "%T\" "%%commander_path%%\.scripts\sys\pause.cmd"
button7=%commander_path%\totalcmd.exe,24
menu7=folders - rar all folders (1 archive per folder), 1 par block per archive
cmd7=""%commander_path%\addons\tcmd\tcbl\tcbl.exe" -I "%commander_path%\.scripts\tcbl\par2.ini""
param7=%F "rpar2folders" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\par2\par2.exe" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\winrar\winrar.exe" 100 7 "%P\" "%T\" "%%commander_path%%\.scripts\sys\pause.cmd"
button8=
button9="%commander_path%\icons\menubar\hibernate1.ico"
menu9=files - copy all files, 1 par block for all files
cmd9=""%commander_path%\addons\tcmd\tcbl\tcbl.exe" -I "%commander_path%\.scripts\tcbl\par2.ini""
param9=%L "cpar2filesblock" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\par2\par2.exe" 7 "%T\" "%%commander_path%%\.scripts\sys\hibernate.cmd"
button10="%commander_path%\icons\menubar\hibernate1.ico"
menu10=files - copy all files, 1 par block per file
cmd10=""%commander_path%\addons\tcmd\tcbl\tcbl.exe" -I "%commander_path%\.scripts\tcbl\par2.ini""
param10=%L "cpar2files" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\par2\par2.exe" 7 "%T\" "%%commander_path%%\.scripts\sys\hibernate.cmd"
button11="%commander_path%\icons\menubar\hibernate1.ico"
menu11=files - rar all files (1 archive), 1 par block per archive
cmd11=""%commander_path%\addons\tcmd\tcbl\tcbl.exe" -I "%commander_path%\.scripts\tcbl\par2.ini""
param11=%F "rpar2filesblock" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\par2\par2.exe" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\winrar\winrar.exe" 7 100 "%P\" "%T\" "%%commander_path%%\.scripts\sys\hibernate.cmd"
button12="%commander_path%\icons\menubar\hibernate1.ico"
menu12=files - rar all files (1 archive per file), 1 par block per archive
cmd12=""%commander_path%\addons\tcmd\tcbl\tcbl.exe" -I "%commander_path%\.scripts\tcbl\par2.ini""
param12=%L "rpar2files" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\par2\par2.exe" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\winrar\winrar.exe" 7 100 "%P\" "%T\" "%%commander_path%%\.scripts\sys\hibernate.cmd"
button13="%commander_path%\icons\menubar\hibernate1.ico"
menu13=folders - copy all folders, 1 par block per folder
cmd13=""%commander_path%\addons\tcmd\tcbl\tcbl.exe" -I "%commander_path%\.scripts\tcbl\par2.ini""
param13=%L "cpar2folders" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\par2\par2.exe" 7 "%T\" "%%commander_path%%\.scripts\sys\hibernate.cmd"
button14="%commander_path%\icons\menubar\hibernate1.ico"
menu14=folders - rar all folders (1 archive), 1 par block per archive
cmd14=""%commander_path%\addons\tcmd\tcbl\tcbl.exe" -I "%commander_path%\.scripts\tcbl\par2.ini""
param14=%F "rpar2foldersblock" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\par2\par2.exe" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\winrar\winrar.exe" 100 7 "%P\" "%T\" "%%commander_path%%\.scripts\sys\hibernate.cmd"
button15="%commander_path%\icons\menubar\hibernate1.ico"
menu15=folders - rar all folders (1 archive per folder), 1 par block per archive
cmd15=""%commander_path%\addons\tcmd\tcbl\tcbl.exe" -I "%commander_path%\.scripts\tcbl\par2.ini""
param15=%F "rpar2folders" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\par2\par2.exe" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\winrar\winrar.exe" 100 7 "%P\" "%T\" "%%commander_path%%\.scripts\sys\hibernate.cmd"
button16=
button17="%commander_path%\icons\menubar\shutdown.ico"
menu17=files - copy all files, 1 par block for all files
cmd17=""%commander_path%\addons\tcmd\tcbl\tcbl.exe" -I "%commander_path%\.scripts\tcbl\par2.ini""
param17=%L "cpar2filesblock" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\par2\par2.exe" 7 "%T\" "%%commander_path%%\.scripts\sys\shutdown.cmd"
button18="%commander_path%\icons\menubar\shutdown.ico"
menu18=files - copy all files, 1 par block per file
cmd18=""%commander_path%\addons\tcmd\tcbl\tcbl.exe" -I "%commander_path%\.scripts\tcbl\par2.ini""
param18=%L "cpar2files" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\par2\par2.exe" 7 "%T\" "%%commander_path%%\.scripts\sys\shutdown.cmd"
button19="%commander_path%\icons\menubar\shutdown.ico"
menu19=files - rar all files (1 archive), 1 par block per archive
cmd19=""%commander_path%\addons\tcmd\tcbl\tcbl.exe" -I "%commander_path%\.scripts\tcbl\par2.ini""
param19=%F "rpar2filesblock" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\par2\par2.exe" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\winrar\winrar.exe" 7 100 "%P\" "%T\" "%%commander_path%%\.scripts\sys\shutdown.cmd"
button20="%commander_path%\icons\menubar\shutdown.ico"
menu20=files - rar all files (1 archive per file), 1 par block per archive
cmd20=""%commander_path%\addons\tcmd\tcbl\tcbl.exe" -I "%commander_path%\.scripts\tcbl\par2.ini""
param20=%L "rpar2files" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\par2\par2.exe" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\winrar\winrar.exe" 7 100 "%P\" "%T\" "%%commander_path%%\.scripts\sys\shutdown.cmd"
button21="%commander_path%\icons\menubar\shutdown.ico"
menu21=folders - copy all folders, 1 par block per folder
cmd21=""%commander_path%\addons\tcmd\tcbl\tcbl.exe" -I "%commander_path%\.scripts\tcbl\par2.ini""
param21=%L "cpar2folders" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\par2\par2.exe" 7 "%T\" "%%commander_path%%\.scripts\sys\shutdown.cmd"
button22="%commander_path%\icons\menubar\shutdown.ico"
menu22=folders - rar all folders (1 archive), 1 par block per archive
cmd22=""%commander_path%\addons\tcmd\tcbl\tcbl.exe" -I "%commander_path%\.scripts\tcbl\par2.ini""
param22=%F "rpar2foldersblock" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\par2\par2.exe" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\winrar\winrar.exe" 100 7 "%P\" "%T\" "%%commander_path%%\.scripts\sys\shutdown.cmd"
button23="%commander_path%\icons\menubar\shutdown.ico"
menu23=folders - rar all folders (1 archive per folder), 1 par block per archive
cmd23=""%commander_path%\addons\tcmd\tcbl\tcbl.exe" -I "%commander_path%\.scripts\tcbl\par2.ini""
param23=%F "rpar2folders" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\par2\par2.exe" "%%commander_path%%\addons\util\winrar\winrar.exe" 100 7 "%P\" "%T\" "%%commander_path%%\.scripts\sys\shutdown.cmd"

min2max

Post by *min2max »

2tcvol,

Thanks you for your further information. It's getting much clearer.

I'm currently not very familiar with .bar files and its role in the TC environment. Could you please give more introduction on how I can get all these stuff (TCBL+ini+bar) work?

Or, in other words, I know I can have .ini file work by feeding TCBL with -I <my .ini file path> parameters. Now I want to know how is the .bar file functioning.

Many thanks to you.
min2max

Post by *min2max »

And I would appreciate if anybody could give a more detailed explanation on the usage of TCBL + super_wdx - I have some difficulty understanding the concept "column" and the SSettings.exe program.

A concrete senario would be great.

Thanks in advance.
tcvol

Post by *tcvol »

1) save the contents of the bar code to a file
2) name it par2.bar
3) drag and drop this file to the menu bar in tc 7.5 within tc
4) right click on the new entry in the menu bar/change and tick the option "show as menu"
5) to change the entries right click on the menu icon in the menu bar and click on "edit linked button bar" or you can mess around with the .bar file

each line in the bar file represents an input filed of the "edit linked button bar" dialogue.

if you don't like menus within the menu bar, you can have single items as well.

it should look something like this:
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/427/62509500.png
min2max

Post by *min2max »

Thank you.
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

min2max wrote:And I would appreciate if anybody could give a more detailed explanation on the usage of TCBL + super_wdx - I have some difficulty understanding the concept "column" and the SSettings.exe program.
TCBL use SuperWDX as proxy/intermediate to call wdx plugins and do not need any column defined. But you need at least to initialize SuperWDX wdx plugins list using sseting.exe (Plugin->define plugins folder) .

SuperWDX syntax enclosed into $! is used to call wdx plugin.$!%Field@wdxplugin.wdx%$!

$!%MD5@wdHash.wdx%$!
$!Size is :%Size@DirSizeCalc.wdx%$!

SuperWdx Column allow to aggregate into a single column multiple information using filter by extension. ex :

<DEF> %Size@DirSizeCalc.wdx%
mp3  %Length@anytag.wdx%
ogg %Length@anytag.wdx%
wma %Length@anytag.wdx%

See help file in sseting.exe under "plugin setup" topic, and get more info on "Content strings adjustment and formatting" section.

TCBL can also call SuperWdx column using the syntax $!n$! where n is the column number (i do not recommend this usage unless you have a very stable SuperWDX seting).

Anyway wdx support is not as smooth as WdxInfopacker or using Multi Rename Tool.
min2max

Post by *min2max »

2nsp,

Thank you so much for your information. It's very helpful.
I think I need some time for test and trial.

IIUC, one would better use WdxInfopacker instead of super_wdx for more function and smoother collaboration. It that right?

It's really true that we are getting more and more superior plugins that supercede their predecessors, e.g. TCBL/MakeBat|lst2multi, etc.
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

min2max wrote:------8<----------
IIUC, one would better use WdxInfopacker instead of super_wdx for more function and smoother collaboration. It that right?
------8<----------
SuperWDX is fine for adding per extension wdx info under the same column it is a content plugin WDX.

WdxInfoPacker allow to generate a file using all available wdx plugin with a gui. THis is the best tool to generate HTML file List, it has a good website with help. but it is a packer plugin WCX

TCBL use SuperWDX as proxy for historical reason (first to provide source code and proxy like feature) and for laziness reason (it works almost good for what i do with it !).

TCBL is a mix of lst2multi and makebat with some enhancement, the aim is to "Select" some file and process them with an auto-generated script.
It also could be used to produce file listing but this is not the main purpose.

test it and if you like it share your command if you wish !
franck8244
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *franck8244 »

WdxInfoPacker allow to generate a file using all available wdx plugin with a gui. THis is the best tool to generate HTML file List, it has a good website with help. but it is a packer plugin WCX
It comes with a small exe that can copy the -output- to the clipboard ... with source code (D6)
TCBL use SuperWDX as proxy for historical reason (first to provide source code and proxy like feature) and for laziness reason (it works almost good for what i do with it !).
I have written a wdx proxy some time ago, to use wdx plugin easily with other tools...
TC#88260 -
min2max

Post by *min2max »

Now I understand the 'user column' concept in TC - It's actually a named set of user columns - each corresponds to a field returned by TC or a wdx plugin.
min2max

Post by *min2max »

Thank you guys for your information, and your great contributions to the community!

It's indeed regretful that I haven't met TC and you earlier!
jslegers

Post by *jslegers »

Hello,

I want to use TCBL for Imagemagick convert.exe. I have made an toolbar button for this. Only I can't get it to work. I want to convert the selected file with a resize of 25% and a quality of 75%.

I have made a screenshot of the button bar.

Image: http://www.go-jsl.com/files/TBLC.jpg

I have downloaded the light version.
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

jslegers wrote:Hello,....
I want to convert the selected file with a resize of 25% and a quality of 75%.
The problem is due to the % sign :
- Total Commander need escaping
- bat script file also need escaping

So if you want to use % sign, you have to double double it ;)

Command: <PathTo>\TCBL.exe
parameters: %L convert -resize 25%%%% -quality 75%%%% $f $x_small.$e
Hope this help !
Last edited by nsp on 2010-05-31, 09:06 UTC, edited 1 time in total.