USB Stick TC - plugins not working

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

pielgrzym

USB Stick TC - plugins not working

Post by *pielgrzym »

Hi,

I used tcloader1.0 to put my TC on USB stick. I altered the ini files properly. TC starts ok, I can see my icon sets, but there are no plugins installed (doublechecked that TC has proper tags in plugins paths). Wierd :) please help! :)
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Re: USB Stick TC - plugins not working

Post by *Sheepdog »

pielgrzym wrote:Hi,

I used tcloader1.0 to put my TC on USB stick. I altered the ini files properly. TC starts ok, I can see my icon sets, but there are no plugins installed (doublechecked that TC has proper tags in plugins paths). Wierd :) please help! :)
Check your wincmd.ini. I bet the path to plugis is absolute like c:\totalcmd\plugins\wfx\Myplugin.wfx . But it should be relative paths with %Commander_path% - in the path like: %Commander_path%\plugins\wfx\Myplugin.wfx.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You may also use my official USB installer:
http://www.ghisler.com/usbinst.htm
(not the U3 version).

It allows you to copy the plugins you want, and also their settings files, and changes the plugin paths to the correct values.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
pielgrzym

Post by *pielgrzym »

Check your wincmd.ini. I bet the path to plugis is absolute like c:\totalcmd\plugins\wfx\Myplugin.wfx . But it should be relative paths with %Commander_path% - in the path like: %Commander_path%\plugins\wfx\Myplugin.wfx.
I doublechecked that - seems everything is ok...

Thankfully the brilliant installer did the dirty work for me :) really impressive and works like a charm! Thanks for quick help :)