[Feature Request] FTP TLS/SSL layer support

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ono

[Feature Request] FTP TLS/SSL layer support

Post by *ono »

I know it was mentioned many times here... but I wish to just recall that there's an interest in having TLS/SSL layer support for FTP servers.

I know there is tlswrap, but it wraps only AUTH TLS. Moreover it's on overhead... and when I'm using TC on USB stick.. no longer working.

I'm aware that Christian already mentioned that Swiss export law may block this feature.. however why don't you (Christian) enable this support releatively of OpenSSL libraries are present (ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll), when you hook to the functions if they are not SSL support is disabled?

I personally use this method in few projects and it seems to make good work. There are not many functions to hook .. so it's not a big deal.

Have a look at sample one:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/miranda/miranda/protocols/Gadu-Gadu/ssl.h?view=markup
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/miranda/miranda/protocols/Gadu-Gadu/ssl.c?view=markup

Best regards,
TC Personal license #99581
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sounds like an interesting idea indeed! But people will have to get these dlls frome somewhere else then...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
ono

Post by *ono »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Sounds like an interesting idea indeed! But people will have to get these dlls frome somewhere else then...
This automated installer distro is quite popular: http://www.slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html
TC Personal license #99581
cuban

Post by *cuban »

I second this request. I would love to see SSL/TLS in Total Commander. I run into the same issue with TLS wrap with one of my many SSL FTP servers my third party vendors require me to connect to. Please also include ImplicitSSL support!
mietde

Post by *mietde »

I second this request also.
I would love to see SSL/TLS in Total Commander too. 8)
frenky

Post by *frenky »

I second this also.
ghisler(Author) wrote:Sounds like an interesting idea indeed! But people will have to get these dlls frome somewhere else then...
Let's be honest, TC is being used by a group of people that have a bit more knowledge of computers than “normal” user + if someone wants to use SSL and knows what is SSL he/she will probably be able to figure how to install few dlls given that installation and required files are described.
Ambiguity succeeds where honesty dares not venture.
franck8244
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *franck8244 »

Just wait for the next tc release... :wink:
TC#88260 -
cuban

Post by *cuban »

franck8244 wrote:Just wait for the next tc release... :wink:
I hope so, frankly this is the first time I've ever felt limited by TC. I hate having to use another FTP program :(. TLSWrap won't work for most of my FTPs.
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

First time ? :shock:
Habemus majkam!
MacQ

Post by *MacQ »

It would be also great if one could change file permissions on FTP servers and move the files in directories.
sirsilva

Post by *sirsilva »

MacQ wrote:It would be also great if one could change file permissions on FTP
U can allready - check the help file and use cmod :D
MacQ

Post by *MacQ »

If you mean that I should type the cmod command manually, than no thanks. I would like a dialog box with a selection.
Something like this:
Image: http://freeweb.siol.net/dulcek/ftp.jpg

As I already mentioned in another post, TC should get more user friendly.

If this is not what you meant, than I'm sorry.
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hi, MacQ.

Files => Change Attributes?

If you do not bother to read the online help, you might at least have a look at the menu items that are present inside TC.

Karl
MX Linux 21.3 64-bit xfce, Total Commander 10.52 64-bit
The people of Alderaan keep on bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine.
The Prophet's Song
MacQ

Post by *MacQ »

Thanks. I hardly ever use that feature, because I use the context menu properties instead.
I suggest that the context menu properties should open this "change attributes" option instead of a list of files with permissions. That's no use for me if I want to see or change properties for one file.
A list could be made if I select the files I want and then press F3 for Lister.

What about moving files through folders on FTP servers? Will there be an implementation of that?
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

What about moving files through folders on FTP servers? Will there be an implementation of that?
Shift-F6, then

Code: Select all

foldername/filename.ext
HTH
Roman
Last edited by Hacker on 2006-05-18, 15:18 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.