English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

[cosmetical issue] Little glitch with tab header

Post by *StickyNomad »

I notice this little glitch sometimes when opening a new tab: Screenshot

One or more inactive tabs sometimes get this little thingy under the tab title, it looks like a part of a 3d-style line or a menu divider is drawn where it doesn't belong. Did anyone happen to see this too? If not, it could be also some issue on my system... WinXP SP2

This glitch doesn't really bug me as it occurs very accasionally (I have to open and close about 10-20 tabs to reproduce that) and the 'object' disappears when the tab is activated.
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

2StickyNomad
Does it stay there after minimizing - restoring TC?
If yes: might be TC problem.
In no: graphic card problem.
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

Sorry, I forgot to mention that. It suffices to remove the focus from the TC window and then set it back to it to let the thingies disappear. Same for minimize/restore. My graphics board is a GeForce4 MX 440 and this also occured with my old GeForce2 MX, so it may indeed be a driver/board problem.

But I don't think I'll suck and install a recent driver for my old board as it otherwise works fine, and the mentioned issue is far from being annoying for me. But when I'm going to re-install my system the next time I will consider installing a newer driver.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I have seen the same problem in the Delphi editor and also some other programs, so it really seems to be a bug of the Microsoft tab control itself. TC does not any drawing of these tab headers, it's all done by the tab control.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

Ah, thanks for the info. I can easily live with that, so everything's fine for me. :)