[REQ] Background transfer manager

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

mpio

[REQ] Background transfer manager

Post by *mpio »

DarkRuleR wrote:Can we expect some of the features suggested in this threat in the upcoming TC 6.55 or TC 7.0?
Perhaps a checkbox thats on the BTM itself (for ease of enabling/disabling), "AutoStart Queue"
What i'd like to see in the Background Transfer Manager would be a button "Stay on Top".
And i'd like to see BTM as a separate tab inside TC, like in Opera browser for example
... a dockable window
I thought of an additional feature.

It would be nice if TC remembers the last window resize.
I use the BTM in fullscreen modus and switch to it once in a while to check the status.
Fullscreen modus is very handy when you have long file names or very deep or long directory names.

Maybe it is even time for an own page in the config panel for the BTM!

DR...
plz implement it

and make it possible to change the path of files that haven't being started copying or after "pause" button pressed. And ability to change chain order.
PeaceMaker

Re: [REQ] Background transfer manager

Post by *PeaceMaker »

mpio wrote:
DarkRuleR wrote:Can we expect some of the features suggested in this threat in the upcoming TC 6.55 or TC 7.0?
Perhaps a checkbox thats on the BTM itself (for ease of enabling/disabling), "AutoStart Queue"
What i'd like to see in the Background Transfer Manager would be a button "Stay on Top".
And i'd like to see BTM as a separate tab inside TC, like in Opera browser for example
... a dockable window
I thought of an additional feature.

It would be nice if TC remembers the last window resize.
I use the BTM in fullscreen modus and switch to it once in a while to check the status.
Fullscreen modus is very handy when you have long file names or very deep or long directory names.

Maybe it is even time for an own page in the config panel for the BTM!

DR...
plz implement it

and make it possible to change the path of files that haven't being started copying or after "pause" button pressed. And ability to change chain order.
Yeap, you have my vote... :wink:
[face=tahoma]LICENSE NUMBER: #101897 Single user license (since: 6th February 2004)
CURRENT VERSION: Total Commander 9.00 beta 12 (released: 31st August 2016)
[/face]
mpio

Post by *mpio »

Mr. Ghisler, overwrite dialog got much better, but files queue dialog remained non-changed. I wish it get better too. For example copying speed info may be in different row, as it covered with files' names now (and other features). Pay attention to my previous post here plz.