Redefined Hotkey still in menu

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

telmich

Redefined Hotkey still in menu

Post by *telmich »

If you redefine a hotkey it is still displayed in the menu.

I know that the hotkeys displayed in the menu are written in the Text files of the Menu (.mnu) and I deleted the corresponding values in my file, but I wanted to mention that this bug exists.
I know that this bug has a very small impact but is very difficult to solve so I don't expect the solution for this release. Perhaps in TC 8.0 :wink:
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

this is no BUG.
if u change a Hotkey you have to
change the menu-file for yourself.
Should be that hard to do.

PS: You can try the UltraEditors for such a Case :D
Hoecker sie sind raus!
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

The problem behind this is that you can assign more than one hotkey to a command. In case there are more than hotkey for a command it ambigious which hotkey should be displayed.
Before updating menus properly something like a default must be introduced.
telmich

Post by *telmich »

For me everything that does not work as expected is a bug. And I do not expect that I have to edit a file to delete the entry of a hotkey in the menu when I am able to delete the assignment without editing a file.

As I mentioned for me it is no problem to edit the file (I do it with Notepad++) but IMHO this is not the way it should work.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2telmich
This has been discussed before. I guess it won't be solved before we have the suggested Unified Command System.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2petermad
Just for your information. We actually do have a unified command system - at least basically. Unified command system means internal and user commands can be used in the the same way. This is finally possible :-D
In the course of time I have added several other aspects to the unified command system which deal with command handling inclusing this one. I will update the article in time to make clear what is left to do.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

at least basically
;-)
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

And I do not expect that I have to edit a file to delete the entry of a hotkey in the menu when I am able to delete the assignment without editing a file.
You have a choice:
If you change hotkeys using the Ultra TC Hotkey Editor, you can also tell it to autoupdate your menu file. And, you can also use it solely for the latter purpose, i.e. change your hotkeys within TC and afterwards just call the "Export to menu"-feature within the Ultra editor to "fix" your menu file.

Also it can handle more than one hotkey for a command, it displays them all.

I don't recommend you to try the editors without a backup of your TC config right NOW, because there may be issues due to TC 7 changes.

Icfu
This account is for sale
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

[mod]Moved to TC 7 beta discussion.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.