quickly switch between different quick search modes?

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Dwissl

quickly switch between different quick search modes?

Post by *Dwissl »

I really like the new option, with which one can tell TC to search everywhere in the file name, when one types letters in quick search mode. However, sometimes I'd like to use the standard behavior, where TC starts the search at the beginning of the file name. I once wrote a commander, in which this can be done by pressing the greater sign to switch to beginning of file name search and the less sign to switch to search everywhere. Is there a way to switch this with a keypress in TC 7? If not, I'd like to suggest an internal command to do that.
Dwis
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Well, if you can be bothered, you can type * at the beginning to look for anywhere in the filename, if you set the default to match the beginning.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
byblo

Post by *byblo »

I come on the forum to suggest something about quick search (shift+string to use as second choice).
But I didn't know that * trick (And also ??.. working for search after x.. chars, great O_O). Its less useful but enough for me!