tabs dir locking, hotkeys priority

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

peclik

tabs dir locking, hotkeys priority

Post by *peclik »

Hello everybody.
I have some suggestions for the new version.

1. It would be nice to have tab's option similar to 'Locked, but directory changes allowed' with that exception the directory will not change to tab base directory after selecting another tab.

I want to have one special tab for my development project source tree for example and move within this project tree, but I don't want to be the directory reverted back to the tab base dir when I switch to/from another tab.
But still I want to set the specific name for that tab and make the Ctrl+\ to go to the tab base dir.

2. Also, IMO, the redefined hotkeys should be processed before all the default commands. Now the 'Quick search' is always evaluated prior to hotkeys. E.g. I have 'Quick search' set to start with Alt+letter, but I want to change the tabs with Alt+number. That is not possible because when I press Alt+number it is treated as 'Quick search'. I want to have explicitly defined hotkeys evaluated first.

In any case thank you for the great job with Total Commander. That's the most used application I have.

peclik
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

1: Support, i also often miss that functionality!

2: That would contradict the very functionality of TC IMHO. Just change your search method and this way you can avoid collisions.
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
Stitscher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stitscher »

SanskritFritz wrote:1: Support, i also often miss that functionality!
Yepp, me too. Support.

Stitscher