Make Progress Window Resizable

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Thoemmeli

Make Progress Window Resizable

Post by *Thoemmeli »

The copy progress window shows a resizable arrow at the edge, but is not resizable.
Especially when using long file names, a lot of the "From" directory is being truncated (see screen shot). It would be nice to make this progress window resizable to see more of the "From" directory.
Image: https://1drv.ms/i/s!Aqc_5FUalch0iOUopLXLutncYlBJ4w

Tom
Don't try to bend the spoon - there is no spoon.
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Make Progress Window Resizable

Post by *DrShark »

Thoemmeli wrote:The copy progress window shows a resizable arrow at the edge, but is not resizable.
It's interesting that the tool ResizeEnable which I use to resize Windows OnScreen Keyboard in Vista can't resize TC copy progress window (though I'm not sure the resizing using such a hack would allow to show more characters of filenames in that window, because for some apps it also changes the size of the font.)
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

It is not enough to resize window itself, you need to resize text labels but labels are not separate windows in Delphi, they are virtual and are drawn directly to form, so only code is able to resize them.

And, resizing may be limited by setting window min/max size bounds, if you send WM_GETMINMAXINFO message to that window, you'll get following MINMAXINFO structure:

Code: Select all

ptMaxSize       {x=455 y=192}
ptMaxPosition   {x=0 y=0}
ptMinTrackSize  {x=455 y=192}
ptMaxTrackSize  {x=455 y=192}
So, size tracking is only allowed within zero range, and Windows will not allow to set another size until such limitation is active...
tomas.kuba

Post by *tomas.kuba »

+1 for this suggestion. When you copy many files with deep folder structure you cannot even guess the file path. Is it possible to allow resizing at least in horizontal direction?
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

I think that currently resize may work only for a single file. When TC starts copying a new file, it probably refreshes dialog window with default size, so you can't see any result when copying small files.
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator