Upgrade for "cm_SyncChangeDir"

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: sheep, Hacker, Stefan2, white

ingerard

Upgrade for "cm_SyncChangeDir"

Post by *ingerard »

Command "cm_SyncChangeDir" is reset if in the active panel go into the folder whose name is not in the other panel, which is not very inconvenient. Each time I have to call the command again. Please add one more parameter to the command - "work always".

cm_SyncChangeDir = 1 - Disable if there is no similar folder
cm_SyncChangeDir = 2 - Enabled always, even if there is no similar folder

Also output the status flag of the command "on / off", so that it can be used for external programs (scripts).

Illustrative examples:

As it is now - GIF1

As it would be convenient - GIF2

ingerard

Post by *ingerard »

Or make at least this option: If there is no similar folder on the other panel, then you can not go to the folder.

Because the option with automatic synchronization off is very inconvenient, especially when working with a large number of folders.

ingerard

Post by *ingerard »

I would very much like to see the synchronization as FreeCommander - "Linked browsing", located in the Folder → Linked browsing menu. Please make such an option.

I would be glad your answer to my suggestions.

wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Upgrade for "cm_SyncChangeDir"

Post by *wanderer »

ingerard wrote:cm_SyncChangeDir = 1 - Disable if there is no similar folder
cm_SyncChangeDir = 2 - Enabled always, even if there is no similar folder
Well, this might not be a bad idea. Sometimes you want to enter into a folder knowing that there is no equivalent on the other side and you don't wish for the SyncChangeDir flag to be reset. It would perhaps be better to have a new "flag" command (cm_SyncChangeDirSticky). With this command "enabled", SyncChangeDir flag will not be reset in case the same folder does not exist in the other panel. That way, one could have it as a button in the toolbar. Also (when the command is "enabled"), when moving "up" one level, TC would "cd" the other panel only if the folder names in both panels are the same.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Latest TC / x32: WinXPx32 SP3 / x64: Clients/Servers from Win7SP1 through Win19Server

Fla$her

Re:

Post by *Fla$her »

ingerard wrote:
2017-12-28, 07:28 UTC
I would very much like to see the synchronization as FreeCommander - "Linked browsing", located in the Folder → Linked browsing menu.
Support +++