Rough timestamp compare in Sync tool

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: Stefan2, white, sheep, Hacker

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Rough timestamp compare in Sync tool

Post by *MVV » 2018-07-17, 18:12 UTC

Please add an option to ignore seconds in timestamps during comparing in Sync tool, or maybe even to set custom ammount of seconds in allowed difference.

Such an option is mostly required for syncing with Android devices (via ADB plugin) which are stupid enough to make a complete mess with timestamps, I've often see that timestamps are changed a bit, e.g. seconds are zeroed or something else, so TC shows that most of device files are changed, so it slows already slow process even more.

With such feature I would assume equal files with same size and timestamps that differ by e.g. less than a minute.

Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stefan2 » 2018-07-18, 18:55 UTC

I would use that too, ...drive me crazy, copying files after some months/weeks to another drive
where names and size (and so content) are same,
but time stamp differs two seconds or one hour (Daylight saving time) or two hours (different timezone)

Should be a feature with setting-on-the-fly (not hidden in INI), or a parameter on calling the sync tool.

Would be nice for copy/move feature (F5/F6) too.

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Rough timestamp compare in Sync tool

Post by *MVV » 2018-07-31, 07:32 UTC

I was able to make a content comparison plugin allowing to ignore timestamp differences within a minute, so the problem is some kind of solved, but it requires too much movements (ignoring timestamps, adding a content comparison plugin).