inclusion of a script-like function

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Elderman

inclusion of a script-like function

Post by *Elderman »

The main application of a script-like function in my personal view is together with the multi-renaming command.

Imagine you have a large set of files lying in a set of subdirectories with their names beginning with the same characters and ending with an order number. Each of those 100 files in 100 subdirectories has to become renamed similarly.

Nowadays you can do this directory by directory only: You have first to select the directory, then mark all the files shown, then enter the multirenaming command, enter the parameters for renaming (if not unchanged, which is possible by use of the [p...] option) and finally start the operation. Then I have to go to the next directory, supposed it exists, repeating the same manual operations as for the previous directory.

A new TC script function, in particular to extend multi-renaming, will save a lot of time by making a step forward towards full automisation.

Regards from
Elderman
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Re: inclusion of a script-like function

Post by *Stefan2 »

Elderman wrote:...

Nowadays you can do this directory by directory only:

Or utilize menu "Commands > Branch View" first, prior to launching the Multi-Renaming Tool (MRT)?

Maybe you should ask (or search) in English forum for a possible How-To first, before suggesting already existing features :D
It's an harder way, I know for myself :lol:

I guess most is possible already... depends on your needs, so just ask for help.

viewtopic.php?p=301613#301613