TC task management

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Jabberwock

TC task management

Post by *Jabberwock »

I'd very much appreciate if the tasks assigned to TC were controlled in a centralised manner e.g. a single window manager with possible logging of the performed tasks.

Rationale:
I usually need to assign TC to perform many user input tasks (not scriptable) which may take some time due to operating distant repositories. I either need to wait sequentially for single tasks being finished which is painful or I simply run them paralel which leads to performance issues while the task stack over each other (which also gets immediately very confusing and hard to monitor. Also the options and overall behaviour in respective task windows vary depending on type of repository.

I think this could work much like a torrent manager with assignable priorities or task numbering. Would something like this be possible in TC future?
Jabberwock

Re: TC task management

Post by *Jabberwock »

I know it's a crazy idea, but i have yet another frustrating day of hopeless file operations behind me. Anyway, it would be horrendously more hopeless without TC as it is now.

BTW I just love the new counter [C] in "new folder" routine - absolute bliss that makes my pain at least bearable.