Working with two FTP sites

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

nirmelamoud

Working with two FTP sites

Post by *nirmelamoud »

Hi, if Im connecting to an FTP site in one tab and want to open a new ftp site on another tab - either to copy between them (via local HDD) or just to look, or to copy data from local to both etc ...

I have a problem, TC is asking me if I want to close the currently opened FTP ,which I do not - this is inconsistent behavior, with the rest of TC , why do we need that ?
the default should be to open both, and maintain both open, for tC it should not be different than any other folder, or usb device, or cloud mount link via some FS plugin

its especially confusing since the default (say yes) is to close the other FTP - especially if I have a download/upload running

I'm suggesting to change it to always just open the next FTP connection, users can close the connection some other way (by closing the tab, or clicking the disconnect button on the toolbar.

if we do want to maintain current behavior, maybe we either change the default to be "leave ftp open" or allow via configuration to hide the dialog and silently decide on an option.'

what do you say ?
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Working with two FTP sites

Post by *Dalai »

There already is an option for this. See TC help, section 4.b) (wcx_ftp.ini):
AutoDisconnect=0
Defines what happens when the user tries to connect to another server in the same window, while another connection is active:
0: ask user (default)
1: disconnect previous
2: keep previous
Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

Some sites may limit number of connections and users may be banned if they try to open more connections, so the question about closing current connection is really needed. But it should be configurable similar to passive mode - globally (as it's already available) and per site. IMHO it would be even better to set max number of connections per site (like in download managers).
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator
nirmelamoud

Post by *nirmelamoud »

thats great, partially solve it, as I can do option '2'