View previous search results with button "<"

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

tuska
Power Member
Power Member

View previous search results with button "<"

Post by *tuska »

Options added during the development of 9.22 (but only added to 9.50):
04.02.19 Added: Search dialog: Option to search in search results only (32/64)
04.02.19 Added: Search dialog: View previous search results (32/64)
On this subject, I propose the following:

After clicking the "<" button
- the field "Search For:" should not show the last search word, but rather
- the previous search query including parameters and search result should be displayed

Example:
- Field "Search for:"

Code: Select all

ed:dc:30.10.2019T07:00..31.10.2019T19:35 ext:ani;bmp;gif;ico;jpe;jpeg;jpg;pcx;png;psd;tga;tif;tiff;wmf
- Button "Start search"
- F2 Search in found files
- Button "<" ... --> the first search result is displayed again...
At this point I would like to see the previous search parameters displayed 1:1, e.g. in the field "Search for:" again(!)

Optional, but also a wish:
The search parameters should then be able to be changed so that a new search query can be started immediately.
"F2 Search in found files" must then be unchecked by the user before a new search query can be started.

Reason:
- I may have made a mistake when entering the search parameters, but now I don't remember which entries were made
- Especially with more complex search parameters (as shown above), it is a great advantage to be able to check them again
- If only the last search word is displayed after "<", then the parameters are lost
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Re: View previous search results with button "<"

Post by *tuska »

Here's a quick summary:

As long as "F2 Search in found files" is checked and you can navigate with the keys "<" and ">",
everything should always be displayed above the search results as it was displayed before, i.e.
click on:

Code: Select all

"<" brings previous search result + above the previously entered search parameters in the "Search for:" field, etc. *)
">" brings search result in found files + above search word, etc. *)
*) "etc." means e.g. directory depth, text search, ...
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Grab text with EmEditor

Post by *tuska »

Although I still hope that my proposal will be implemented, I would like to show you this option for search queries
with many parameters using the text editor "EmEditor":  Function "GRAB TEXT" (description and video)

Search query in TC with integration of 'Everything' and using of "Grab text with EmEditor"
with shortcuts CTRL+ALT+Y or AltGr+Y:
Self-created video [only Download possible: 8.92 MB, duration: 2:33 minutes]:
(Please wait..., then click on "Jetzt zur Download-Seite", then click on "Klicke hier, um ihn zu starten." -> download starts...)
(Please wait..., then click on "Go to download page now", then click on "Click here to start it" -> download starts...)

Grab text with EmEditor_CTRL+ALT+Y_AltGR+Y_F1-Help_Settings_English.png