show the type of reparse points and plus a eal path up to

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

show the type of reparse points and plus a eal path up to

Post by *AntonyD »

in MultiCommander I found very pleasant and useful feature: to show the type of reparse points: junstion or symlink AND the REAL path up to the linked resource after the "link-name":
[img]http://f26.ifotki.info/thumb/fe89932b1d5927a443b6a74827a3fc3fc30908365455201.png[/img]
IMHO it would be a great feature and for TС also))))
#146217 personal license
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Re: show the type of reparse points and plus a eal path up to

Post by *MVV »

You can configure TC to show link type, link target and real path (with all links resolved) in custom columns or in tooltips. TC itself doesn't provide custom fields for that but there are plugins like my NTLinks.wdx.
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

2MVV
the main idea here - is to get such functionality from TC directly - not by some plugins which can be discontinued, miscoded,.... etc/
Also the way HOW it was done in MultiCommander - is very-very pleasant. And I simply do not think that this pic I can repeat in TC now
even with help of your plugin....

I've tried your plugin in anyway. Put detailed info into the tooltips. Not usable for me. The tooltips are too many and often pop up during the cursor's movement. Sometimes at such moments when this definitely does not need to be done.
But at least there is useful information ;) ....
Spoiler
P.S. что такое Естественный и Символьный в вариантах Целевой объект и Реальный путь?
#146217 personal license
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Well, TC would be much less powerful w/o plugins, and its author couldn't realize such a many functions like all plugins provide in available time. Different users have different needs, so core features are filtered.

I'm afraid that your MultiCommander's display of link targets will be a pain in case of long target paths, so a separate column is much better, but I prefer tooltips because they don't require extra columns and may show long paths with wrapping.

The main difference between symbolic and natural modes is that symbolic mode show volume GUIDs for junctions (like they are stored in file system) while natural mode resolves them to mount points (e.g. drive letters). This is described in Readme.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

[mod=Hacker]AntonDudarenko,
English only, please. Appreciated.[/mod]
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.