Make background copy fit counters

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Thany

Make background copy fit counters

Post by *Thany »

Can we please get progress counters in the background copy/move window to fit?

When copying 300.000 files, to displays:

Code: Select all

112.000/300.           10.300,9 M /
There's a big gap between the two that could easily make either label fit. Size progress should switch to GB when there's no space to display in MB. The file count progress could display in tens or hundreds or even thousands to save space.

Either way, just chopping off the rightmost part of a label is not very elegant.

I'd show a screenshot, but there's no way to add one 😑
Total Commander 11 on Windows 10
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Make background copy fit counters

Post by *tuska »

Thany wrote: 2020-03-23, 18:10 UTC I'd show a screenshot, but there's no way to add one 😑
viewtopic.php?p=287482#287482
Thany

Post by *Thany »

Tinypic is dead. Isn't that one hell of a reason not to expect users to post pictures somewhere externally...

I could post the image as base64, but I'm guessing someone will mark it as spam. This forum needs a way to add pictures, and it doesn't, and that's why I'm doing my best to explain my suggestion.
Total Commander 11 on Windows 10
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

Thany wrote:Tinypic is dead. Isn't that one hell of a reason not to expect users to post pictures somewhere externally...
I have noticed that you are a big supporter of the function "place pictures inline".
Unfortunately this is currently not possible, but in the linked topic at the bottom under "Some Image Hosting Sites:"
there are several other Image Hosting Sites listed, e.g. https://imgbb.com/.
Thany wrote:I could post the image as base64, but I'm guessing someone will mark it as spam.
I do not suppose that someone would consider it spam.
For me personally, this type of announcement is usually too complex and already small pictures,
e.g. 260 KB have about 4,000 lines in the forum, i.e. appropriate formatting is also required here.

2Stefan2
Could you please announce another Image Hosting Site here instead of TinyPic, e.g. https://imgbb.com/?
Thank you!