Access alternative dir's context menu after entering it

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Access alternative dir's context menu after entering it

Post by *DrShark »

Currently TC offers 2 different folder context menus, which means:
if we're in folder <x\> which have parent folder <y\>, TC will show different context menus for <x\> if we will call the conext menu while:
1) being in <x\> and callig the context menu from empty panel area or updir [..] item;
and
2) being in updir <y\> and calling the context menu of its subdir <x\> from there.

I really miss some context menu items (offered by some Explorer shell extensions) available only if to call it as in case 2 while I'm calling it in case 1, which I'm obviously doing much more often.

So it would be nice to have some way, maybe by using additional key with Shift+F10 / Context, to call case 1 context menu in the case 2.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Access alternative dir's context menu after entering it

Post by *DrShark »

Since I often have to swtich to parent dir to call the context menu for it (which has items not present if folder's menu called from it in TC), and then to enter it again, I suggest to add 2 additional commands:
cm_onFolderContextMenu
cm_inFolderContextMenu

Both will call folder's context menu, but will work a bit different depending on whether user calls the menu of folder which location TC entered, or which user got selected/focused in filelist:
1. For context menu of current folder:
cm_onFolderContextMenu will call the menu which would appear as it would called when that dir would be focused/selected from its parent;
cm_inFolderContextMenu will work as an alias to cm_ContextMenu.

2. For context menu of focuded/selected folder(s):
cm_onFolderContextMenu will work as an alias to cm_ContextMenu;
cm_inFolderContextMenu:
  • if one folder is focused/selected, will work as if to call the menu for it which would appear after entering it
  • if multiple folders selected, either can show nothing, or work as an alias to cm_ContextMenu.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708