Done marker in sync dirs

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Done marker in sync dirs

Post by *Lefteous »

When performing sync dirs for tons of files I personally lose overview of what has been handled and what is yet to be handled. I go through a list first and then I do a review of the direction markers. Then I constantly ask myself "have I actually handled this directory or these files?". This is especially true when the marker resulting from the comparison hasn't been changed. So it would be great to have an integrated checklist of handled files instead of a list in my head or in Excel.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Done marker in sync dirs

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

If you want to select files manually after the comparison, you can just select all (Ctrl+A) and then remove all selections via right click.
A single click or press of the space bar will then set the default copy direction from the comparison. Exception: files marked for deletion in asymmetric mode will always be marked for copying from right to left first. You need to click twice to mark them again for deletion.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

I don't want to remove the proposed direction. I need a way to see if I accepted it or changed it.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Perhaps this could be useful sometimes. However it requires intergration:
1. Single checbox column for user needs should do the job (there is no need for TC to read these checkboxes),
2. But there should be a context menu action or a hotkey for mass-toggling it,
3. And perhaps an auto-toggle on direction change (if one changes direction for a file, he handled it).
4. Perhaps just an extra border around direction icons could be used instead of additional checkbox column.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

@mvv
Concerning 1) I think the whole thing should be optional but when turned on, TC should assist a bit here. When trying to sync but not everything has been checked as accepted, TC should say something like: "Not everything checked as accepted. Proceed anyway / Cancel.
2+3) Makes sense to me
4) I guess there are many ways how this could be performed. If we could have different colors for a proposed direction icon and an accepted direction icon, that would definitely help. On the other side, every direction has its own color for many years already. Additional checkboxes would add some visual complexity bit would definitely work. Just borders could be a bit too discreet.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I don't want to remove the proposed direction
You don't remove the proposed direction - when you press the space bar or click on the unchecked checkbox, the preferred direction will be restored.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com