Turn off dark mode with cm_SwitchDarkmode or cm_DisableDarkmode: TC & Lister's main menus still black

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Turn off dark mode with cm_SwitchDarkmode or cm_DisableDarkmode: TC & Lister's main menus still black

Post by *DrShark »

If here on Vista 32-bit with classic theme in TC 9.50 beta 3
to switch from dark mode using commands cm_SwitchDarkmode or cm_DisableDarkmode,
background of main menu in Total Commander (and Lister, if opened) is still black
(the text of menu, however, changes color from white to black, so it becomes a black text on black background).
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Turn off dark mode with cm_SwitchDarkmode or cm_DisableDarkmode: TC & Lister's main menus still black

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I can at least partially reproduce it (with lister menu only). It maybe a problem with classic theme in TC main window.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Turn off dark mode with cm_SwitchDarkmode or cm_DisableDarkmode: TC & Lister's main menus still black

Post by *DrShark »

history950.txt wrote:04.11.19 Fixed: Dark mode: Lister main menu didn't switch from dark to normal mode after cm_SwitchDarkmode and activating lister (32/64)
I can confirm this fix both for internal and external Lister. TC window main menu for me is still black here.

BTW, this fix partially fixed also behavior I mentioned in other topic:
DrShark wrote: 2019-10-31, 19:57 UTCBTW, color mode behavior of Lister and QuickView if opened while or after applying cm_SwitchDarkmode seems to be inconsistent: sometimes Lister / QuickView use dark colors on default TC theme, and default colors in Dark TC theme.
This inconsistency has been partially fixed for Lister and Separate QuickView (Ctrl+Shift+Q) (sometilmes Lister or separate QuickView may still open with white theme while TC is using dark, or vice versa, after a several tries of cm_SwitchDarkmode - I'll try to find a way to reproduce it) . However, reqular QuickView (Ctrl+Q) and cm_SrcQuickInternalOnly are still using dark Lister color theme after turning off the dark mode.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

TC window main menu for me is still black here.
Cannot reproduce, just tried on Vista.
It may be a settings problem. Please send me your wincmd.ini to support at ghisler dot com.
However, reqular QuickView (Ctrl+Q) and cm_SrcQuickInternalOnly are still using dark Lister color theme after turning off the dark mode.
Confirmed, thanks.
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2019-11-07, 09:19 UTC
TC window main menu for me is still black here.
Cannot reproduce, just tried on Vista.
It may be a settings problem. Please send me your wincmd.ini to support at ghisler dot com.
I can reproduce it with default ini settings. Main menu is black if to turn the dark mode off also using Configuration->Dark Mode:->Always disabled. Pressed menu buttons and their menu items are not black, however. I sent a screenshot to support email, mail subject: TC 9.50b4: Dark Mode off -> Main menu still black
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

DrShark wrote: 2019-11-06, 19:11 UTCsometilmes Lister or separate QuickView may still open with white theme while TC is using dark, or vice versa, after a several tries of cm_SwitchDarkmode - I'll try to find a way to reproduce it
Found a way to reproduce it:
1. Start TC in Dark Mode.
2. Open text file with Alt+Shift+F3: Lister will open it in Dark Mode too.
3. In TC, disable Dark Mode with e.g. cm_SwitchDarkmode.
4. Close Lister.
5. In TC, enable Dark Mode again with e.g. cm_SwitchDarkmode.
6. Open the same text file in Lister with Alt+Shift+F3 again (repeat step 2):
Lister will use white theme except from own main menu which will be black with black text.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

It seems to happen only with internal English menu and classic theme.
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2019-11-08, 15:33 UTC It seems to happen only with internal English menu and classic theme.
I can confirm that main TC menu is not black after turning off the dark mode if a language other than default English is used. However, the issue with for Lister's white theme but black menu from this post still happens even with changed language, with one difference: the text on black Lister's menu is white.
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

history950.txt wrote:10.11.19 Fixed: Windows Vista, classic theme: Main menu background remained black after switching to dark mode and back (32/64)
[...]
08.11.19 Fixed: Dark mode: Ctrl+Q Quick View panel didn't switch text and background color from/to dark mode (32/64)
I can confirm both issues are fixed in TC 9.50 beta 5.
DrShark wrote: 2019-11-07, 14:33 UTCsometimes Lister or separate QuickView may still open with white theme while TC is using dark, or vice versa, after a several tries of cm_SwitchDarkmode:
1. Start TC in Dark Mode.
2. Open text file with Alt+Shift+F3: Lister will open it in Dark Mode too.
3. In TC, disable Dark Mode with e.g. cm_SwitchDarkmode.
4. Close Lister.
5. In TC, enable Dark Mode again with e.g. cm_SwitchDarkmode.
6. Open the same text file in Lister with Alt+Shift+F3 again (repeat step 2):
Lister will use white theme except from own main menu which will be black with black text.
This one has also been fixed in TC 9.50 beta 5: now Lister and separate Quick View follow TC theme properly after switching the dark mode on or off.