[10 b1a] Media player context menu

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Hacker

[10 b1a] Media player context menu

Post by *Hacker »

Hi,
W10 x64 v19042.804, TC10.0 b1a x64.
I don't seem to get any context menu when right-clicking onto a playing (or paused) video in the new media player. What am I doing wrong?

TIA
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Re: [10 b1a] Media player context menu

Post by *gdpr deleted 6 »

What video codec and what videos do you use?

I had a similar problem where the media player with LAV filters didn't show context menu when playing back MP4s with 4K UHD H.265 video. As it turned out, i had somewhat old LAV filters 0.70 installed, and updating them to the current 0.74.1 version fixed the context menu for me (see here my related post: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=74023)
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

elgonzo,
h265, 1080p, LAV Filters 0.74.1 installed.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

For testing, I have downloaded LAV filters 0.70 and put them in the filter64 folder, then restarted TC. I'm still getting a context menu.

So maybe the problem is elsewhere, e.g. you have LAV filters which were bundled with some other program which are missing the necessary functions, or another filter causing problems.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Christian,
Seems to depend on the video. On an old .AVI I get the menu. Strange.

Roman
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

I found the problem, it's a bug in my code: It happens when the last filter in the menu (which is usually the input filter) has an unconnected output. In the video I tested, there is a subtitle pin which failed to connect because the specific subtitle format isn't supported by the xyvsfilter. Lister sees this as an error to load the context menu by mistake.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Christian,
Appreciated!

Roman
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2021-03-15, 17:53 UTC I found the problem, it's a bug in my code: It happens when the last filter in the menu (which is usually the input filter) has an unconnected output. In the video I tested, there is a subtitle pin which failed to connect because the specific subtitle format isn't supported by the xyvsfilter. Lister sees this as an error to load the context menu by mistake.
I can confirm the issue being tied to the presence of subtitles (even though i don't use xy-VSFilter/XySubFilter). I took mkvtoolnix and removed the subtitles from the little H.265 video sample i sent you on Sunday by email. And when playing the subtitle-less video i am able to open the context menu.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nice, then my bugfix should work. I will appreciate it when you test it later this week when beta 2 comes out.
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

2ghisler(Author)
No problemo. Will do (probably around weekend).
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Context menu works now in v10 b2, thanks! Seems to have indeed been the subtitles.

Roman
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Yep! I can confirm that context menu now works for me too in TC 10.00b2. Awesome!