[TC 10 b3] Thumbnail view crashes

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [TC 10 b3] Thumbnail view crashes

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I found out somehting interesting: Normally I call the OLE interface IThumbnailProvider to load thumbnails with function GetThumbnail. This interface only allows one size parameter, and Total Commander passes the larger of the two (width, height) to it and then resizes the received image.

However, when GetThumbnail fails, Total Commander calls a different interface: IExtractImage.
This involves two calls: First a call to GetLocation where the width and height can be requested.
Then if the first call succeded, a call to Extract which does not take any size parameters, but GetLocation must be called first.

Since your problem only occurs when width and height are different, it means that MediaPreview does not support the IThumbnailProvider interface for mp4. TC then calls the IExtractImage function. So since this is only a fallback, I will call it with a square size in the future (except for folders, Windows seems to stretch them to the requested size).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
freaktenstein

Post by *freaktenstein »

I tested it with Icaros 3.0.2 now - it works! No exits anymore, does not matter which TN size I chose.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Please test this with beta 5! It should no longer crash where older beta versions crashed.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
freaktenstein

Post by *freaktenstein »

For me everything works correctly now!