Content plugin; debugging

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

spodletela

Content plugin; debugging

Post by *spodletela »

Win XP (SP2, latest updates), TC 7 beta 1, registered, reproducable on filesys sample plugin, compiled on VC++ 6.0 and 2003, debug or release version.

I am trying to write a clearcase content plugin but i have encountered something highly annoying. When i want to do step by step debugging, i "run" a dll by specifying totalcmd as executable and i set int 3 into exported functions. I am somehow able to debug it at the time of adding plugin to content plugins list (gets loaded, ...) but at the moment i try to add column and press [+] btn, totalcmd encounters """user breakpoint""" and stays there. I tryed it on sample filesys plugin and same "sh*t" occurs.

Here is stack trace;

OLEAUT32! 7714d4de()
SHELLDETAILS! 017033f7()
SHELLDETAILS! 01702e87()
SHELLDETAILS! 01701f4e()
TOTALCMD! 005dccc7()
TOTALCMD! 005debc2()
TOTALCMD! 004eb5df()
TOTALCMD! 0043ab16()
TOTALCMD! 0042b300()
TOTALCMD! 0043a9df()
TOTALCMD! 0043a929()
TOTALCMD! 0043c894()
TOTALCMD! 00413752()
USER32! 77d48734()
USER32! 77d48816()
USER32! 77d4b89b()
USER32! 77d4b903()
COMCTL32! 773f7344()
COMCTL32! 773f7426()
COMCTL32! 773f972b()
USER32! 77d48734()
USER32! 77d48816()
USER32! 77d4c63f()
USER32! 77d4e905()
TOTALCMD! 0043c859()

Can please someone help me out, i am a bit pissed of as i have coded cleartool support and output parsing but now something so trivial is stopping me. And no, i dont want to develop using OutputDebugString,... i will rather scrap the whole thing. Please dont say it is antidebugging stuff inside :(
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I have seen this too - it's caused by some other plugins which you have installed, and which use some anti-debugging protection. Just remove them while debugging your plugin. Totalcmd itself does not contain any anti-debugging stuff.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
spodletela

Post by *spodletela »

ghisler(Author) wrote:I have seen this too - it's caused by some other plugins which you have installed, and which use some anti-debugging protection. Just remove them while debugging your plugin. Totalcmd itself does not contain any anti-debugging stuff.
Argh... ok :) Thank you very much, it works now :)

Btw, thank you for great product...

Maybe one more question, i will allso post it in another thread (here), but;

As obtaining data about file versions can be slow, i am getting them in worker thread and returning ft_delayed while it runs. But when i have all the data, my fcn is not called untill (i presume) untill file row is not refreshed by sliding cursor line over it or listctrl is scrolled. Is there any way for me to trigger updating from plugin? Or at least get totalcmd hwnd to call redrawwindow, invalidate, <whatever>... EnumWindows is a bit annoying for such simple task... :(
djorge

Post by *djorge »

2spodletela
Hi. I'm very interested in this plugin because i use Clearcase at work everyday.

If you need someone to test it let me know.
Personal License #117854
spodletela

Post by *spodletela »

djorge wrote:2spodletela
Hi. I'm very interested in this plugin because i use Clearcase at work everyday.

If you need someone to test it let me know.
It is actually automated cleartool by redirecting stdin and stdout to my own pipes and triggering (parsing,..) commands...

Well what i got for now; it adds three custom columns; Version, Rule, Status and "lazy" loading of data, so you can surf through directories without delay. Basic idea is to completely replace Clearcase Explorer...

Concerning testing, i dont need testers (software company with 200 licences of totalcmd) but i will release it soon and let you know (you can give me your email -> private msg and i will send it to you when it will be ready...)
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2spodletela
Could you find out which plug-in caused the trouble?

As obtaining data about file versions can be slow, i am getting them in worker thread and returning ft_delayed while it runs. But when i have all the data, my fcn is not called untill (i presume) untill file row is not refreshed by sliding cursor line over it or listctrl is scrolled. Is there any way for me to trigger updating from plugin? Or at least get totalcmd hwnd to call redrawwindow, invalidate, <whatever>... EnumWindows is a bit annoying for such simple task...
It's not the plug-in which needs to remind TC to request a value. This must be done by TC. I have requested a setting which works similiar to PreloadThumbNail but for custom columns.
spodletela

Post by *spodletela »

Lefteous wrote:2spodletela
Could you find out which plug-in caused the trouble?

It's not the plug-in which needs to remind TC to request a value. This must be done by TC. I have requested a setting which works similiar to PreloadThumbNail but for custom columns.
Hmm, have no idea... i saw that if i refresh window, the value is shown, so i didnt debug if it was requested (thats why "i presume"). Now i am triggering repaint of panels and it works :)

Btw, is it possible (guess not, but maybe someone knows it better) to show picture in a colume (actually icon...) without doing some serious vodoo magic?

Suggestion; adding some "developers" thread in phpbb would be really nice...
djorge

Post by *djorge »

2spodletela
Basic idea is to completely replace Clearcase Explorer...
I like the idea.
Concerning testing, i dont need testers (software company with 200 licences of totalcmd)
That's ok for me. Clearcase may be very powerfull, but is not as known as CVS or SVN. But in your case, it won' tbe hard to find testers....

You can mail me to djorgepbl in gmail.
Personal License #117854
raeubi
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *raeubi »

I also use Clearcase on everyday.
Basic idea is to completely replace Clearcase Explorer
It sounds very good :)
I'm also interested in.

Would you please share it on a ftp or web space :?:
Räubi
(#2852 + #287609)
spodletela

Post by *spodletela »

Next week :) But as i said, currenty it is far from replacing clearcase exp... only file versions, rules and state for now :)