drop failure with thunderbird

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

pschwalm

drop failure with thunderbird

Post by *pschwalm »

When I copy attachments from the thunderbird mail client do TC via drag and drop, a TC progress panel opens, then a second messagebox opens with the message "File C:\<fileName of attachment> not found".

If I repeat the procedure with the same attachment, it will work. In fact I always have to do it twice to make it work.

This problem only occurs with TC in combination with thunderbird, not with for example windows explorer and thunderbird.

Thank you
Peter Schwalm
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

I cannot confirm this problem here. I'm using Thunderbird 1.5.0.9.

BTW: It also works vice-versa.
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Ok, not using Thunderbird I may be just speculating wildly:

Yet, could this not be (almost) the same issue reported for Firefox here, Drag & drop images from Firefox??

Christian Ghisler confirmed (in the German forum) that that issue affected both Firefox and Thunderbird, cf. here, please.

Karl
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes, it's probably the same problem: Firefox/Thunderbird report names on drop for files which do not exist. I do not know how the Explorer handes this, but it seems that it seems to go into some kind of delay loop(?) when that happens. I haven't found any documentation on this on Microsoft developer network.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com